Hello, Rogue Squadron!

Rogue Squadron's public grounds. Discuss any non-sensitive material within. The mess-hall is a public area where Rogue pilots may freely interact with other members of the Star Citizen universe.

Moderator: Squadron Moderator

IIITerceroIII
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Hello, Rogue Squadron!

Postby IIITerceroIII » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:29 am

Hello, I'm new to this org, but an experienced Star Citizen player. I used to be a member of Squadron 110, but recently left that organization.

So it's all out in the open, I want to go over the details of my leaving.

I was Vice Admiral of Combat Operations for Squadron 110 (in charge of any ship-to-ship combat, and the logistics required to support it), and we were in the middle of having an election for who would be our third Admiral. Squadron 110 does things by election and had one of their Admirals leave, so they decided to hold a general election for who would be the replacement.

I was the top runner in the election, with more votes than the other two candidates combined. The second place candidate and his surrogates started using racist/Nazi slogans and imagery while campaigning, which I took strong personal offense to. I made this known to the admirals and the other vice admirals, and make it clear that I would leave if this continued. This game is something I'm doing with my recreational time, and I don't want to spend it with racists who are advocating for the death of myself and my loved ones. I also didn't want to be in charge of a group of people with the mentality that was being displayed - their actions would reflect upon myself, and I found their actions to be reprehensible.

The Admirals stated that they were entitled to their opinions and beliefs, and they somewhat agreed with their mentality. The people doing it in the first place took this as license to ramp it up, and started posting progressively more racist/hateful things. I left the organization at this point, along with a cadre of my friends who were equally offended by the entire thing.

It should go without saying that if there is a similar inclination among this organization, I will also not be a good fit here.

Now that all of that is out of the way, here's a bit about me and what I bring to the table. I have a strong fleet, featuring the following ships:

Javelin Destroyer
Super Hornet
Caterpillar (Will be upgraded to a Reclaimer when it is available)
Cutlass Blue
Buccaneer
Herald
Banu Defender (Will be upgraded to a Redeemer to support the Javelin when it is available)
Aurora LN
Mustang Alpha (May be used as credit toward an upgrade in the future)
Argo-C (Included with the Javelin package)

I have two accounts that my leaderboard scores are spread across, one was originally dedicated to the Javelin and a support ship to allow for easier org use. My main account is IIITerceroIII and the other is RickIII. CIG merged these accounts for me when I left Squadron 110, but my leaderboard scores are split across the two accounts.

I have been on the top page of the Vanduul Swarm Leaderboard (Ranked 23) in the 2.2 season on the IIITerceroIII account. In the most recent season I have been ranked 87 for Vanduul Swarm and 56 for Pirate Swarm on the RickIII account. I only have a small amount of time in Battle Royale because most of my flight time had been mostly dedicated to org training, but in the two matches I flew this season, I handed Porkypine666 (Ranked 6th on the leaderboard) one of his 18 total losses.

I was in charge of flight training, fleet composition, and combat logistics when I was with Squadron 110, so I have a good handle on the needs of a fleet how to make sure that fleet is properly supplied and outfitted. I also bring three (possibly four) other members with me, who will be primarily dedicated to command roles for ships within my fleet. Two of these are competent pilots and the third is still very new to the game but willing to learn - she doesn't yet have an account, so she's been playing on my alt for now.

I'm glad to be aboard, and hope that Rogue Squadron proves to be a better fit for me than Squadron 110 wound up being. I look forward to flying with you all.
Elfwyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hello, Rogue Squadron!

Postby Elfwyn » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:02 am

Welcome Tercero! Look around and see if you like it around here.

Role: Board Technical Administrator - "Got any problems? Ask me."

Current Ships (subject to change):
* Aegis Idris-M, Retaliator x2, Avenger x3, Gladius x3(-2), Redeemer x2, Vanguard x3, Sabre x3 * Anvil Hornet Super x8, Tracker x2, Gladiator x3, Carack, Crucible * Origin 890 Jump , 350R, M50 x3 * RSI Polaris, Constellation Phoenix, Orion * MISC Endeavor Hope, Starfarer-G x3, Hull B, E, Reliant Kore (-1), Mako, Sen, Tana, Prospector, Freelancer Dur * Drake Caterpillar, Cutlass Black, Red, Herald, Dragonfly x4 * Aopoa Khartu * BIRC Merchantman, Defender x2 * Crusader Genesis Starliner * Esperia Prowler
RS_Wraith
Squadron Communications
Squadron Communications

Postby RS_Wraith » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:06 am

Welcome aboard. Sorry you had to deal with the drama. We aim to be drama free (or as much as possible) here. Looking forward to flying with you.
"If you heard my shot, you were not my target."

Ships: Herald, Cutlass Red, F7C-M Super Hornet, Constellation Taurus, & 890 Jump
Colt Hawk
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Postby Colt Hawk » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:09 pm

Welcome to the Squad Tercero!

/salute

.o7

Call sign: Cpt. Colt Hawk
Ships:
Aegis Avenger Stalker
Aegis Sabre
Timezone: UTC -3 (only one.?)
Viking
Squadron Ally
Squadron Ally

Postby Viking » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:25 am

Welcome, Tercero! I fully support your decision to leave that other team. Racism and nazism should have zero tolerance in every org. IMO. I'm not a member here, only affiliated, but I've never seen anything similar in the 3+ years I've been here. On the contrary, people here are very civilized and friendly.
IIITerceroIII
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Postby IIITerceroIII » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:31 pm

Thanks, Viking; you'd hope that would be the case everywhere, but sometimes we wind up disappointed. I hope to fly with you sometime soon!
briguy
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member
Location: Northern Va--------Assets: Hornet, Constellation, 315p, M50, Retaliator, 350r

Postby briguy » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:10 pm

Welcome aboard! Sucks that you had to go through that crap in your last org. Cannot wait until we fly together!

Constellation: Dawn’s Shadow; F7C-M: Victory’s Bane; Sabre: Ombra Serena; Gladius: ; Cutlass Red: ; 350r: ; M50: ; Retaliator: ; Gladiator: ; Herald: ; Redeemer: ; Carrack: Ombreggiato Lembos; Khartu-al: ; Freelancer DUR: ; BMM: ; 890 Jump: ; Starfarer-G: ; Vanguard: ; Endeavor: ; Crucible: ; Reclaimer: ; Idirs-P: ;

“The unwanting soul sees what’s hidden, and the ever-wanting soul sees only what it wants.”

A piece of badass machinery!
'Judge'ment
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Postby 'Judge'ment » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:21 pm

Welcome! May your sailing from here on out be easier than it was before!
'I am Judge, Jury, and Executioner

Cutlass Black[Red](SAR wing), Avenger Stalker(SAR Support)
IIITerceroIII
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Postby IIITerceroIII » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:28 pm

Thanks, so far it's been great hanging with you guys, and I'm really happy I've landed here. ^_^
Corran Horn
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

Postby Corran Horn » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:17 pm

Been chatting with you for the last week and forgot to drop a note here, d'oh! Welcome aboard :)

Return to “Public Mess-Hall”