"Game Packages"

Rogue Squadron's public grounds. Discuss any non-sensitive material within. The mess-hall is a public area where Rogue pilots may freely interact with other members of the Star Citizen universe.

Moderator: Squadron Moderator

RS_Wraith
Squadron Communications
Squadron Communications

"Game Packages"

Postby RS_Wraith » Thu May 25, 2017 10:16 am

Ok, let me preface this with the fact that I really haven't looked it up, and I haven't actively been following the game development beyond reading the new posts here and looking over that absolutely gorgeous Eclipse release and reminding myself that I promised my wife I would not buy another ship... (you may picture me sobbing with my beer at any point)

All that said, I was reviewing my purchases and realized that I have 4 game packages one of which is a physical game pack. The question is, If I was to give the "game package" download code to a friend, what does that get them? I don't need to install the game 4 times but I want all the crap that they bundled together so I am trying to remember why I chose the game package instead of the standalone ship... now that it is a few years later I no longer have quite the same level of interest in the swag. Thoughts?
"If you heard my shot, you were not my target."

Ships: Herald, Cutlass Red, F7C-M Super Hornet, Constellation Taurus, & 890 Jump
RS_Wraith
Squadron Communications
Squadron Communications

Re: "Game Packages"

Postby RS_Wraith » Thu May 25, 2017 10:29 am

Another random question: Why can I not get a CCU from my retaliator to Eclipse? they are the same price, so it should be a simple $0 CCU but I get a message that "upgrades are not available now but may be made available during special events". Has something changed with the CCU system?

Ships: Herald, Cutlass Red, F7C-M Super Hornet, Constellation Taurus, & 890 Jump
Shiv-Katall
Public Speaker
Public Speaker

Postby Shiv-Katall » Thu May 25, 2017 1:28 pm

The packages I think allow you to create Alts whereas the Addon ships would just be available to your main character.

If you gave the package code to your friend I think it comes with everything in that package. The Game(s), Ship(s) (and any associated Insurance) and Credits listed on the Package.
Cutlass Black 'Night Caller', Dragonfly Black 'Flare', Vanguard Warden 'Starwing', Buccaneer (May replace with Hornet), Aurora LN, *REDACTED*
briguy
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member
Location: Northern Va--------Assets: Hornet, Constellation, 315p, M50, Retaliator, 350r

Postby briguy » Thu May 25, 2017 6:33 pm

If you plan on giving away your physical package, you cannot because those are now locked to your account. The others you can but you will loose everything within that package.

Constellation: Dawn’s Shadow; F7C-M: Victory’s Bane; Sabre: Ombra Serena; Gladius: ; Cutlass Red: ; 350r: ; M50: ; Retaliator: ; Gladiator: ; Herald: ; Redeemer: ; Carrack: Ombreggiato Lembos; Khartu-al: ; Freelancer DUR: ; BMM: ; 890 Jump: ; Starfarer-G: ; Vanguard: ; Endeavor: ; Crucible: ; Reclaimer: ; Idirs-P: ;

“The unwanting soul sees what’s hidden, and the ever-wanting soul sees only what it wants.”

A piece of badass machinery!
Kamikaz1
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Postby Kamikaz1 » Fri May 26, 2017 5:33 am

So first off you can't just give your buddy the game package code. All packages are locked to your account. If you cannot gift the package you would have to literally give him your account for it to work. When you go to download the game it does not ask for a package code. It scans whatever account you're logged in as and just confirms if you have a package and tells you how many you have. Also the reason for keeping 'cheap' game packages is that each extra game package is supposed to give you an extra crewman who can help man your ships that you can customize yourself. Also WAYYYY back CR said that when the game went to launch they would adjust the game packages so your starting credits are actually enough to get started.

As for why you cannot use any $0 CCUs that's something that started with the announcement of the -REDACTED- sale last week (BTW -REDACTED- is just a joke based on all CIG's secrecy with the stealth bomber sale). CIG said they would start charging $5 on top of the base price of all CCUs with the -REDACTED- sale going on and unsurprisingly many people (including myself) objected. Many thought charging $5 for $0 CCUs was fine as too many were being created but raising the price on every CCU even ones which cost money was too much. So CIG's 'fix' was that no more $0 CCUs would be created for concept sales and sometime in the future they plan to have all $0 CCUs expire.

For me I can work with it although it does affect me because instead of 100% being screwed with $5 per CCU there is only a chance of being screwed based on your personal situation. Also after Warbond sales started popping up I spent the early months of this year getting my fleet to a place I could be comfortable calling 'final' if CIG pulled the rug out from under us. That being said if your Retaliator isn't part of a package and cost $270 you can melt and just buy the new concept. If it's the $250 version you would have to melt and add $25.

But there are other options. I do not know what you've purchased and melted in the past but if you still have your quarterly buy back token and have ever purchased a Xi'an Scout for $150 or LTI M50 for $80 or have another $165 Super Hornet or best yet a $100 350R you can melt your Retaliator and unmelt one of those older ships with credit (if you have a quarterly buy back token) and CCU up from there. The Xi'an Scout is $170 so $20 off. The M50 goes for $100 now so $20 off. The Super Hornet is $180 now so $15 off and the 350R is $125 now so $25 off. You can CCU up to a -REDACTED- but you'll have to do it from something that needs money like a Redeemer at $250. Also if you happen to have a old Constellation Taurus to Xi'an Scout CCU that's another $20 savings as the Taurus is only $150.
|Idris-P |Comet |-REDACTED- |Hammerhead |Harbinger |-REDACTED- |Renegade |Vulcan |F7A-M Super Hornet |F8C Lightning |Mustang Delta |Hercules C2 |Hercules A2 |Cutlass Blue |Vulture |Endeavor |Prospector |Razor EX |Star-G |125A |135C |315P |600iE |890 Jump |Apollo Medivac |Orion |Phoenix |Emerald Phoenix |Polaris
RS_Wraith
Squadron Communications
Squadron Communications

Postby RS_Wraith » Fri May 26, 2017 8:55 am

Ok, so the "redacted" is the Eclipse. Got it, thx

my Herald, Rita, and my Super Hornet are the ones I have considered CCU I already have the CCU's to change my herald to a Warlock, the Rita to the Harbinger. I want to get the Super Hornet to Sabre but that is a down grade and would have to be melted but I cant to that because the Hornet is part of a game package. And I wanted to get the CCU for the Rita to Eclipse but that is a upgrade that I have to wait for them to allow during a special event... The problem is that I was going to wait until I had flown each of them for a bit to see if I wanted to change the ship out. Now it looks like that is going to be less of a possibility. Ah well. Thanks for the info.

Shiv-Katall
Public Speaker
Public Speaker

Postby Shiv-Katall » Fri May 26, 2017 10:50 am

Sorta off topic but Im on the same page as Kamikazi, being against charging $5 for any CCU even $0 ones (I just used a $0 one that I already had to convert over my Aurora LN to Dragonfly). But by and large Im intending to leave my ships as is more or less from this point forward because of changes like weve seen in the first half of the year. Once the game is actually released all the complications of melting ships and trading one for another will no longer be a problem (something Im looking forward to) as your lineup will be locked in.
Cutlass Black 'Night Caller', Dragonfly Black 'Flare', Vanguard Warden 'Starwing', Buccaneer (May replace with Hornet), Aurora LN, *REDACTED*
Kamikaz1
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Postby Kamikaz1 » Sat May 27, 2017 2:11 am

Wraith another option would be to melt the Retaliator and CCU up the Super Hornet into the Eclipse. The Super Hornet's gone up $15 in price to $180 so after the $95 Super Hornet to -REDACTED- CCU you'll have between $155 to $180 depending on if you paid $250 or a $275 for your Retaliator. After that you just have to wait till the next time the Sabre is sold and buy a Constellation Taurus to Sabre CCU for $20. Hold on to that until CIG sells any concept ship for $145 or less and CCU that into a Taurus and apply your upgrade. Again if you have anything with LTI cheaper than a Taurus that you can unmelt you can use a unmelt token to use your store credit on that. If nothing else popped up I'd recommend using your Archimedes as your 890 Jump already comes with a 85X.
|Idris-P |Comet |-REDACTED- |Hammerhead |Harbinger |-REDACTED- |Renegade |Vulcan |F7A-M Super Hornet |F8C Lightning |Mustang Delta |Hercules C2 |Hercules A2 |Cutlass Blue |Vulture |Endeavor |Prospector |Razor EX |Star-G |125A |135C |315P |600iE |890 Jump |Apollo Medivac |Orion |Phoenix |Emerald Phoenix |Polaris
RS_Wraith
Squadron Communications
Squadron Communications

Postby RS_Wraith » Tue May 30, 2017 1:47 pm

Wow, thanks for the process. I might have to try that. Going to look everything over and make sure I don't miss any steps or sacrifice something I am not ready to :-)

Thanks again Kaz

Return to “Public Mess-Hall”