Been a while gents

Rogue Squadron's public grounds. Discuss any non-sensitive material within. The mess-hall is a public area where Rogue pilots may freely interact with other members of the Star Citizen universe.

Moderator: Squadron Moderator

Asazie
Chatty
Chatty

Been a while gents

Postby Asazie » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:56 pm

Starting to get back into the swing of things :D Learning to fly my Gladius again, and stoked to see my Carrack whenever its ready.

just thought id say hey :)
Current Ships: Gladius And Carrack
Kamikaz1
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Re: Been a while gents

Postby Kamikaz1 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:18 am

Welcome back. :)

Did you see anything in the sale that interested you such as the Valiant variant of the Gladius? I think it's major selling point is that it comes with a lot more missiles and a 117 Badger? Laser Repeater (Size 2) fixed on the nose with Neutron Guns on the wings as stock weaponry.
|Idris-P |Comet |-REDACTED- |Hammerhead |Harbinger |-REDACTED- |Renegade |Vulcan |F7A-M Super Hornet |F8C Lightning |Mustang Delta |Hercules C2 |Hercules A2 |Cutlass Blue |Vulture |Endeavor |Freelancer MAX |Prospector |Razor EX |Star-G |125A |135C |600iE |890 Jump |Apollo Medivac |Orion |Phoenix |Emerald Phoenix |Polaris
Asazie
Chatty
Chatty

Postby Asazie » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:26 am

pff, I can just add those on later. I've already swapped my nose gun for the 117 (stole it from the constellation loaner). Ill probably pick up all Omnisky's when i get enough credits, i hear good things

I did pick up a Carrack though, pretty excited for that!
Deliverence
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Postby Deliverence » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:35 am

Welcome back and I'm running full Omnisky on my Super Hornet, though I actually prefer the repeaters these days. They are good, but I'd recommend renting them with Rec to make sure your comfortable with them.

The reason I like the repeaters is because they fire so fast you know when your on target.
F7C-M | Scythe | Glaive | MM | Genesis | Crucible | Gemini | Prospector | Phoenix | 890 |600 | Carrack | Hammerhead | Polaris | Idris-P | Black | Razor | Kue
Elfwyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Elfwyn » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:02 am

Welcome back! Once 2.6 goes live I'll also get more serious with Flight Training.

Role: Board Technical Administrator - "Got any problems? Ask me."

Current Ships (subject to change):
* Aegis Idris-M, Retaliator x2, Avenger x3, Gladius x3(-2), Redeemer x2, Vanguard x3, Sabre x3 * Anvil Hornet Super x8, Tracker x2, Gladiator x3, Carack, Crucible * Origin 890 Jump , 350R, M50 x3 * RSI Polaris, Constellation Phoenix, Orion * MISC Endeavor Hope, Starfarer-G x3, Hull B, E, Reliant Kore (-1), Mako, Sen, Tana, Prospector, Freelancer Dur * Drake Caterpillar, Cutlass Black, Red, Herald, Dragonfly x4 * Aopoa Khartu * BIRC Merchantman, Defender x2 * Crusader Genesis Starliner * Esperia Prowler
Shiv-Katall
Public Speaker
Public Speaker

Postby Shiv-Katall » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:08 am

Yeah Ill start getting more practice sometime between 2.6 and 3.0

Only my Gladiator and Vanguard are flyable at the moment. Until they implement the redone design of the Cutlass Black I dont want to fly it (dont want to get used to something thats going to handle completely differently). Dragonfly and Buccaneer arent in quite yet (I have a Buc to Super Bug upgrade but Im holding off on implementation for the time being until I can at least fly the Buc).

Ive always been a fan of mixed loadouts. In the case of my Gladiator and Vanguard I prefer the Turret(s) to be repeaters like Badgers but the wingtip guns to be something more potent like the Omnisky VI or Behring M4As.
Cutlass Black 'Night Caller', Dragonfly Black 'Flare', Vanguard Warden 'Starwing', Buccaneer (May replace with Hornet), Aurora LN, *REDACTED*
Asazie
Chatty
Chatty

Postby Asazie » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:15 pm

Im still trying to nail down my key binds for the saitek X-55 HOTAS. EVERYONE seems to run completely different, Thoughts?
Elfwyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Elfwyn » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:05 am

I don't have the x55 but the x65 so I can answer that only generally, since most saitek Hotas have a Simmilar layout. I use all Stick-Buttons for Loadout Control and Firing, The extra buttons on the Throttle I use for Targeting and additonal flight modes.
As for the Axis, I am using the primary Stick axis to Pitch and Yaw. The 2 extra axis knobs on ghe Throttle I use for strafing up/down and left/right. I do Rolling with my Pedals and Freelook with my TrackIR.

Role: Board Technical Administrator - "Got any problems? Ask me."

Current Ships (subject to change):
* Aegis Idris-M, Retaliator x2, Avenger x3, Gladius x3(-2), Redeemer x2, Vanguard x3, Sabre x3 * Anvil Hornet Super x8, Tracker x2, Gladiator x3, Carack, Crucible * Origin 890 Jump , 350R, M50 x3 * RSI Polaris, Constellation Phoenix, Orion * MISC Endeavor Hope, Starfarer-G x3, Hull B, E, Reliant Kore (-1), Mako, Sen, Tana, Prospector, Freelancer Dur * Drake Caterpillar, Cutlass Black, Red, Herald, Dragonfly x4 * Aopoa Khartu * BIRC Merchantman, Defender x2 * Crusader Genesis Starliner * Esperia Prowler
Viking
Squadron Ally
Squadron Ally

Postby Viking » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:04 am

Hey, Asazie! Nice to meet you! :)
Asazie
Chatty
Chatty

Postby Asazie » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:46 am

Pedals would be nice. I'm still trial and erroring my binds. It's getting better though! feels a hell of a lot less clumsy but it still needs stuff moved and I need more practice once 2.6 comes out

Damn it Viking, I met you like two years ago! We were talking about Hotas setups. You still using the saitek F65?

Return to “Public Mess-Hall”