Citizen Con 2016 (and Polaris Sale)

Rogue Squadron's public grounds. Discuss any non-sensitive material within. The mess-hall is a public area where Rogue pilots may freely interact with other members of the Star Citizen universe.

Moderator: Squadron Moderator

Elfwyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Citizen Con 2016 (and Polaris Sale)

Postby Elfwyn » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:24 am

Citizen Con Livestream is around the corner and we have a new Sale up for the Polaris Corvette.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/prom ... is-presale

I've added one to my fleet. With all those features it seems like a mix of all hopes and dreams that were put into it.

Compared to the Idris it still needs a pretty large crew though.

Role: Board Technical Administrator - "Got any problems? Ask me."

Current Ships (subject to change):
* Aegis Idris-M, Retaliator x2, Avenger x3, Gladius x3(-2), Redeemer x2, Vanguard x3, Sabre x3 * Anvil Hornet Super x8, Tracker x2, Gladiator x3, Carack, Crucible * Origin 890 Jump , 350R, M50 x3 * RSI Polaris, Constellation Phoenix, Orion * MISC Endeavor Hope, Starfarer-G x3, Hull B, E, Reliant Kore (-1), Mako, Sen, Tana, Prospector, Freelancer Dur * Drake Caterpillar, Cutlass Black, Red, Herald, Dragonfly x4 * Aopoa Khartu * BIRC Merchantman, Defender x2 * Crusader Genesis Starliner * Esperia Prowler
Deliverence
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Re: Citizen Con 2016 (and Polaris Sale)

Postby Deliverence » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:12 pm

Really good looking ship so I'll pick one up, but I'll be melting the Caterpillar, 350R, Freelancer and the Sabre for it when they open this up to the general public since they aren't allowing store credits with the pre-sale.
F7C-M | Scythe | Glaive | MM | Genesis | Crucible | Gemini | Prospector | Phoenix | 890 |600 | Carrack | Hammerhead | Polaris | Idris-P | Black | Razor | Kue
Kamikaz1
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Postby Kamikaz1 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:37 pm

I'm pretty much in the same boat. I like how it looks as it really does resemble a human take on a Kilrathi corvette. I'll decide what I melt after I see what else they have for sale (hoping for the Hoplite) and if they offer CCUs or not.
|Idris-P |Comet |-REDACTED- |Hammerhead |Harbinger |-REDACTED- |Renegade |Vulcan |F7A-M Super Hornet |F8C Lightning |Mustang Delta |Hercules C2 |Hercules A2 |Cutlass Blue |Vulture |Endeavor |Prospector |Razor EX |Star-G |125A |135C |315P |600iE |890 Jump |Apollo Medivac |Orion |Phoenix |Emerald Phoenix |Polaris
HippiePie
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Postby HippiePie » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:38 am

Of course they'd drop this on the weekend I'm short. And without store credit to boot. I guess they're going to do limited release too?
Ships (LTI): Freelancer MIS, Gladiator, Aurora LN, MISC Starfarer, Aegis Vanguard, MISC Endeavor, Kruger P-72 Archimedes, MISC Prospector, Origin 350R
Deliverence
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Postby Deliverence » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:41 am

No limit on the ship quantities and it will be available until the 17th, so plenty of time to grab one. :)
F7C-M | Scythe | Glaive | MM | Genesis | Crucible | Gemini | Prospector | Phoenix | 890 |600 | Carrack | Hammerhead | Polaris | Idris-P | Black | Razor | Kue
Kamikaz1
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Postby Kamikaz1 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:28 pm

It is done. The Ultimate Armada Package has been mostly completed. All that's left is to upgrade the Warden into a Hoplite or Harbinger and it's done.

|Idris-P |Comet |-REDACTED- |Hammerhead |Harbinger |-REDACTED- |Renegade |Vulcan |F7A-M Super Hornet |F8C Lightning |Mustang Delta |Hercules C2 |Hercules A2 |Cutlass Blue |Vulture |Endeavor |Prospector |Razor EX |Star-G |125A |135C |315P |600iE |890 Jump |Apollo Medivac |Orion |Phoenix |Emerald Phoenix |Polaris
Deliverence
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Postby Deliverence » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:16 am

Very nice Kamikazi, I think the package is now truly worthy of the name Armada Package when you have the Polaris and Idris in the same pack. :)
Shiv-Katall
Public Speaker
Public Speaker

Postby Shiv-Katall » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:24 am

Thought about melting almost everything I have to get a Polaris but stopped myself from an impulse buy lol.

Instead I got the Aggressor pack for the discount from which Ill probably do some upgrades. Will probably swap the Buccaneer into either an F7C or an F7C-M (the lack of an ejection seat and durability in the Buc is a bit of a sticking point for me), debating upgrading the Cutlass to the Freelancer but not as sure there may wait on the redesign of the Cutlass for that, and Ill probably upgrade one of the two Dragonfly's into...something - dont have much use for two of them but Ill probably only have 20-30 of credit left plus the $35 for the Dragonfly means it has to be something small.

As for Citcon I loved the proceedural planet stuff they showed off, though definitely disappointed there was nothing seen from SQ42 (I get why but doesnt change the letdown) *shrug*
Cutlass Black 'Night Caller', Dragonfly Black 'Flare', Vanguard Warden 'Starwing', Buccaneer (May replace with Hornet), Aurora LN, *REDACTED*
briguy
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member
Location: Northern Va--------Assets: Hornet, Constellation, 315p, M50, Retaliator, 350r

Postby briguy » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:21 pm

I can tell you that being there is a completely different experience than watching the stream. I highly recommend you try to go to one of the events, wouldn't trade the experience for anything!

I'm waffling between upgrading my Retaliator in my Armada package to the Polaris and just out-right buying the Subscriber/Concierge/CitCon attendee discounted version with the special unique serial number. I suppose I can always wait until the second QA comm-link is released but just seeing what y'all's opinions are.

To me the Polaris is just a bigger and more advanced Retaliator. It has a lot more torpedoes, and gun and missile turrets that can not only target individual smaller ships but they can be laid to bare on capital ships too. The Polaris is definitely an anti-capital ship with the multitude of torpedoes that the ship can house (and 4 torpedo tubes...). Only downside is the crew requirement (no worse than my Idris though). I know I can get an NPC crew but the cost of that and the upkeep of the ship itself.....looks like a fairly big credit sink.

If I don't go down that route, I can always spend the $625 to get the "special" Polaris but then that would leave me with a tight budget for the remainder of the month.....decisions.....decisions!

Constellation: Dawn’s Shadow; F7C-M: Victory’s Bane; Sabre: Ombra Serena; Gladius: ; Cutlass Red: ; 350r: ; M50: ; Retaliator: ; Gladiator: ; Herald: ; Redeemer: ; Carrack: Ombreggiato Lembos; Khartu-al: ; Freelancer DUR: ; BMM: ; 890 Jump: ; Starfarer-G: ; Vanguard: ; Endeavor: ; Crucible: ; Reclaimer: ; Idirs-P: ;

“The unwanting soul sees what’s hidden, and the ever-wanting soul sees only what it wants.”

A piece of badass machinery!
Deliverence
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Postby Deliverence » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:32 am

If your only melting the Retalliator then your not really saving all that much so if it was me I'd just take advantage of the discount and purchase the ship outright. Additional you get the numbered version of the ship and I believe a hard copy of the brochure for your coffee table which is a nice touch.

Return to “Public Mess-Hall”