Concept Art Sale (not actual sale)

Rogue Squadron's public grounds. Discuss any non-sensitive material within. The mess-hall is a public area where Rogue pilots may freely interact with other members of the Star Citizen universe.

Moderator: Squadron Moderator

RS_Wraith
Squadron Communications
Squadron Communications

Re: Concept Art Sale (not actual sale)

Postby RS_Wraith » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:24 am

we have shifted much of the life from this forum to discord. it mostly occurs there in the chat. We are keeping this open while spectrum gets functional and then we will consider our options as far as keeping this forum or moving entirely to spectrum.
Anyhow, I understand why you wouldn't want to buy the pioneer, but you were talking about not buying a land claim because you couldn't do anything with it because you didn't have a pioneer. I was just making sure you knew that we do have a few so if you wanted a claim you could do grab one and hold it until one of our pioneers is ready.
Personally i plan to have one that I will use as a way for Rogues to have an additional income. I will build bases for whomever wants one and they will pay Rogues for all the materials and security and such during the construction phase. will also give us the opportunity negotiate contracts for any long term patrols for those areas as well. I really hope that the modules they have get expanded to include a shield generator and autonomous defenses but we will see.
"If you heard my shot, you were not my target."

Ships: Herald, Cutlass Red, F7C-M Super Hornet, Constellation Taurus, & 890 Jump
Kamikaz1
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Postby Kamikaz1 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:50 am

To be honest I appreciate you pointing out that we own some Pioneers. I really hadn't known we had any or any interest in ground operations. I can't say that's really my thing with me owning over 20 star ships but I don't have anything against people who like that sort of thing. For me I can't imagine trying to keep track of 20+ ships (including several capitals) and a destructable base as well. I was a fan of Archeage which had land ownership and running my farm in that game was a full time occupation even with the world being relatively small.

Star Citizen is going to be truly massive with incredibly long flight times (and currently very small fuel tanks) so the thought of having a permanent base that is pvp destructable runs counter to the thousands of dollars I've spent on space ships. So for me the Pioneer (and ground bases in general) are just not an option unless I'm willing to give up the investment I've already made in ships. Basically I've already made my bed and now I have to sleep in it. Maybe after I've explored all the verse has to offer and I'm thinking of retiring to a nice plot of land somewhere I'll reconsider.
Last edited by Kamikaz1 on Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
|Idris-P |Comet |-REDACTED- |Hammerhead |Harbinger |Harbinger |Hoplite |-REDACTED- |Renegade |Vulcan |Crucible |F7A-M Super Hornet |F7C-R Hornet Tracker |F8C Lightning |Mustang Delta |Cutlass Blue |Endeavor |Hull B |Prospector |Razor |Star-G |600iE |890 Jump |Orion |Phoenix |Emerald Phoenix |Polaris
RS_Wraith
Squadron Communications
Squadron Communications

Postby RS_Wraith » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:08 pm

makes sense. When you do just give me a ring. Ill hook you up lol

Ships: Herald, Cutlass Red, F7C-M Super Hornet, Constellation Taurus, & 890 Jump
RS_Wraith
Squadron Communications
Squadron Communications

Postby RS_Wraith » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:11 pm

Also if you are interested in what the fleet looks like you can see what people have reported on spectrum. it isn't complete by any means we only have about 20% of our current members actually reporting in so far. but I know we have at least 3 pioneers and 2 Javelins plus approximately 10 Idris P and 4 M's. I check it out periodically just to see what people have added.

Deliverence
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Postby Deliverence » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:56 am

@Kamikazi = That sounds like a lot of wizardry mate with ship changes and I'm glad you managed to piece it all together. I was all keen for the land claim as I figured it would be nice to have a parcel of land to do whatever I want with, but the more I thought about it the less attractive it became. I've always considered my ships to be my home and I have no interest in being tied to the land, so I couldn't melt the land deed fast enough. Stupid mistake on my part, but at least I was able to recycle the credits into the Hammerhead. I have to agree the Hammerhead really is a lot more practical and I'm really looking forward to walking the corridor and taking her out with a bunch of NPC's to help man them turrets for a bit of fun.

While I no longer have any interest in purchasing land, I do really enjoy the hangar we get with our ships. CIG have have talked about expanding the hangars in the past by adding rooms, so I hope they follow through on this as I'd much rather spend money on this, than on ground based items that I suspect they are going to add now that planetary bases are a thing. At least the stuff in your hangar is protected, whereas items left on a planets surface are at much higher risk.

This has been a really good week and loving the ship updates they have been putting out. In particular it's great to see work being done on my beloved Origin ships getting their assets created and work being carried out on the Phoenix finally. Gives me hope that I'll finally get to fly the Phoenix or 600i next year.
F7C-M | Scythe | Glaive | MM | Genesis | Crucible | Gemini | Prospector | Phoenix | 890 |600 | Carrack | Hammerhead | Polaris | Idris-P | Black | Razor | Kue
Kamikaz1
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Postby Kamikaz1 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:09 pm

@Deliverence: I'm glad to see you decided to pick up a Hammerhead. It does look like it'll be a lot easier to get flying with a half dozen or so NPCs (6 gunners and a engineer) than either the Polaris or Idris. At the last second I decided to melt my Gladius Valiant and spend $50 to get back the Terrapin. I can't say it's a rational decision but I really like how it looks externally and hope they fix the internal problems in time. I was tempted to spend more and get a LTI Constellation Taurus but I have a suspicion that they'll be releasing at least one more concept this year at the Holiday sale. Since it's supposed to be Squadron 42 focused we could be seeing a limited release of the F8-Lightning. I wasn't particularly interested in it before but if it's another long range fighter I might be tempted.

I'm also hoping that CIG doesn't do away with our hangar expansions in favor of trying to force us to use ground bases. I could also see myself spending money quite easily on hangar expansions. What I would really love to see is a sort of Zero-G space dock hangar where it's a moderately sized space in orbit connected to a small structure with habitable areas where you can dock your larger space only ships like the Orion, Javelin or fully loaded Hull C,D, or E and had some ground pads for the smaller ships that would allow you to freely EVA around your massive ships and just admire them. Even better would be if it allowed you to move your Crucible or Starfarer around and repair/refuel your ships from inside your space dock. I could easily see myself spending hours running around my ships doing repairs or maintenance if I didn't have the threat of being attacked by pirates or being rammed by some jerk for the LOLs.

As for the anniversary shows they were excellent and I hope we get more like them. I also love what I saw of the 600i and Phoenix. I also can't wait to see how they handle the 300i rework.
|Idris-P |Comet |-REDACTED- |Hammerhead |Harbinger |Harbinger |Hoplite |-REDACTED- |Renegade |Vulcan |Crucible |F7A-M Super Hornet |F7C-R Hornet Tracker |F8C Lightning |Mustang Delta |Cutlass Blue |Endeavor |Hull B |Prospector |Razor |Star-G |600iE |890 Jump |Orion |Phoenix |Emerald Phoenix |Polaris
Deliverence
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Postby Deliverence » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:45 pm

After more consideration I decided to do the unthinkable and melt my Carrack in order to repurchase my Crucible. My preference has always been to explore the verse solo and the Carrack really is a multi crew ships, especially with its size increase and move to capital class. While my 600i is lacking in features, I do like that the ship is incredibly fast with rear facing turret giving me time to escape from most engagements. Additionally it's important to look good when meeting new alien races :) Really happy to have my Crucible back again as having a large fleet, the ship almost feels like a requirement these days with my large fleet and after all the changes I ended up with $50 store credit.

I'm really hoping we finally get that vertical slice of Squadron 42 they have been talking about this year and I agree, I'd not be surprised to see a sale with so many eyes watching the game. Sometimes it's good to throw rationality to the wind, if I was rational I'd never have purchased the Scythe along with several other ships and regretted it later. At least you won't have long to wait now tell you can fly the Terrapin around, unless of course you've already downloaded the PTU.
F7C-M | Scythe | Glaive | MM | Genesis | Crucible | Gemini | Prospector | Phoenix | 890 |600 | Carrack | Hammerhead | Polaris | Idris-P | Black | Razor | Kue
RS_Wraith
Squadron Communications
Squadron Communications

Postby RS_Wraith » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:58 pm

hey Deliverence, have you jumped into spectrum yet? I didn't see your name on the ship manifest page there yet.

Deliverence
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Postby Deliverence » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:19 am

Yea it's listed Wraith.
Kamikaz1
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Postby Kamikaz1 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:33 am

@Wraith: I added my manifest to spectrum.

@Deliverence: Don't feel too bad. I melted my Carrack ages ago and haven't looked back. I really like the idea of the Crucible and I'm hoping we can at least load small craft inside it and do repairs within our hangar. As I said before I love the idea of spending time just tinkering around a damaged ship trying to repair it but I just don't like the idea of doing that where I can be attacked, boarded, rammed or torpedoed just for the LOLs at any time. That said I can't agree more with the looking good part. I'll make do with my 600iE as long as it looks as good finished as it does now. With Star Citizen being a first person experience I think getting the interior and it's lighting right is more important than stats for a ship I plan to spend an extended amount of time inside. As for sales when I checked there were new concept ships released in at least both of the last two holiday sales and since this sale is Squadron 42 focused I'm expecting something military based.

Return to “Public Mess-Hall”