Constellation Model 10"

Any important announcements will be posted here. This forum section is limited access - only admins and moderators may create new threads.

Moderator: Squadron Moderator

Elfwyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Constellation Model 10"

Postby Elfwyn » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:43 pm

The 10“Constellation model by Takuetsu Starship Models.

The constellation is a multi-functional ship. From traders to bounty hunters the Constellation is the jack of all trades and the master of most. The model of the most popular ship in the Roberts Space Industry catalog can be displayed on your mantle.

These models were previously available only in the elite Wing Commander package. Models include a certificate of authenticity.

Shipping costs are included, Constellation models will ship starting September 8th.

The constellation is a marvel of engineering and imagination. What better way to show your love of adventure than with this 10” model of the RSI Constellation. The model includes dual movable turrets and thrusters, perfectly replicated after the most iconic human ship. The Takuetsu Starship Company has worked with the RSI engineers to develop the most accurate and sturdy model. Roberts Space Industries is notorious for their commitment to quality and they have given their seal of approval.

** SALE HAS STOPPED **

Role: Board Technical Administrator - "Got any problems? Ask me."

Current Ships (subject to change):
* Aegis Idris-M, Retaliator x2, Avenger x3, Gladius x3(-2), Redeemer x2, Vanguard x3, Sabre x3 * Anvil Hornet Super x8, Tracker x2, Gladiator x3, Carack, Crucible * Origin 890 Jump , 350R, M50 x3 * RSI Polaris, Constellation Phoenix, Orion * MISC Endeavor Hope, Starfarer-G x3, Hull B, E, Reliant Kore (-1), Mako, Sen, Tana, Prospector, Freelancer Dur * Drake Caterpillar, Cutlass Black, Red, Herald, Dragonfly x4 * Aopoa Khartu * BIRC Merchantman, Defender x2 * Crusader Genesis Starliner * Esperia Prowler
DarkenSeyreth
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Re: Constellation Model 10"

Postby DarkenSeyreth » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:57 pm

I hope there is a slight chance that there are any left by next tues (when i get paid), but i am highly doubtful. Hopefully they do a second round, or I can get one off ebay without getting too gouged.
JurassicJeep12
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Postby JurassicJeep12 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:43 pm

I wanted to buy one the first time they offered it to concierge members for $99, but it was already sold out by the time I checked the email they sent. I asked them about it and they told me to wait for the general sale of $125. Forget that.
Elfwyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Elfwyn » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:42 am

I am a bit more comfortable knowing that the extra 25$ might cover at least the international Postage.
The Model is already heavily underpriced looking at comparable collectables and considering that others paid 10.000$ to get one.

I doubt they will have a second batch anytime soon if the sale stagnates this early, so prices for this will go up and people
will grab it for ebay alone.

Here is an example for an "unassembled" and "unpainted" Resin-Model-Kit of comparable size.
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10126624
I sincerely doubt there are any moving parts...
Just around 200$.

Role: Board Technical Administrator - "Got any problems? Ask me."

Current Ships (subject to change):
* Aegis Idris-M, Retaliator x2, Avenger x3, Gladius x3(-2), Redeemer x2, Vanguard x3, Sabre x3 * Anvil Hornet Super x8, Tracker x2, Gladiator x3, Carack, Crucible * Origin 890 Jump , 350R, M50 x3 * RSI Polaris, Constellation Phoenix, Orion * MISC Endeavor Hope, Starfarer-G x3, Hull B, E, Reliant Kore (-1), Mako, Sen, Tana, Prospector, Freelancer Dur * Drake Caterpillar, Cutlass Black, Red, Herald, Dragonfly x4 * Aopoa Khartu * BIRC Merchantman, Defender x2 * Crusader Genesis Starliner * Esperia Prowler
DarkenSeyreth
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Postby DarkenSeyreth » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:34 am

Just to add on to Elfwyn's comment, they said in the post that those first 1000 were sold at cost. The extra $25 is now being put towards development. These look to be fairly high quality models, and I think they're worth the value. eBay will be asking double this a year from now, CIG themselves may be asking for more once the game is actually out as well.
VulpX
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Postby VulpX » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:41 am

I'm glad I got mine.

They look like high quality models, and I'm willing to pay money for quality. Just hope it gets through customs here, otherwise my model will be slightly more expensive than $125.
RS_Wraith
Squadron Communications
Squadron Communications

Postby RS_Wraith » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:19 pm

I am waiting for one of the Retaliator I am sure that one will be be upwards of the $150 mark which may force me to rethink but that is definitely the model I want.
briguy
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member
Location: Northern Va--------Assets: Hornet, Constellation, 315p, M50, Retaliator, 350r

Postby briguy » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:29 pm

If they do produce multiple models, I will collect them all.......MUAHAHAHAAHAHAHa
DarkenSeyreth
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Postby DarkenSeyreth » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:57 pm

[quote="briguy"]If they do produce multiple models, I will collect them all.......MUAHAHAHAAHAHAHa[/quote]
Ugh, so will I, and I know it... I have no will power when it comes to high grade collectibles like this... and even some low grade ones too.
RS_Wraith
Squadron Communications
Squadron Communications

Postby RS_Wraith » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:35 pm

my thing would be if it were a kit that I could build. Especially if it were scaled, then I would have no will power. With being already assembled and painted I am intrigued but less apt to get them all. It would be nice if one of the good kit companies (at the very least Tamiya, but a museum kit would be awesome) were to pic a scale like 1:350 for the capitol ships and 1:48 for the other ships and make scaled detail kits

Return to “Announcements”