Elite: Dangerous

Use this forum for discussions about games other than Star Citizen or SC forerunners, and for completely unrelated discussions. This is a public forum, so take care if you wish to post something intended only for squadron members.

Moderator: Squadron Moderator

Deliverence
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Re: Elite: Dangerous

Postby Deliverence » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:19 am

Pretty sure I'm just Deliverence currently just been playing in Solo mode while I get used to the controls and won't be playing properly until the full release is out.
F7C-M | Scythe | Glaive | MM | Genesis | Crucible | Gemini | Prospector | Phoenix | 890 |600 | Carrack | Hammerhead | Polaris | Idris-P | Black | Razor | Kue
Sarin'Tal
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Postby Sarin'Tal » Fri May 29, 2015 2:22 am

Hey Rogue's

I know i have been away for a bit, kinda had some things going on IRL. but im looking to get back in the groove as they say.

I recently got Ellite Dangerous so if anyone here has a group going could you please add me.

Games Tag is SarinTal
DarkenSeyreth
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Postby DarkenSeyreth » Sat May 30, 2015 9:43 am

Sarin'Tal wrote:Hey Rogue's

I know i have been away for a bit, kinda had some things going on IRL. but im looking to get back in the groove as they say.

I recently got Ellite Dangerous so if anyone here has a group going could you please add me.

Games Tag is SarinTal

Haven't played in a while myself, but will be sure to add you when I do.

Also, hello to a fellow Edmontonian!
WITNESS ME!

Current fleet: Hornet Ghost, Aurora LN, Freelancer MIS, M50
Viking
Squadron Ally
Squadron Ally

Postby Viking » Sun May 31, 2015 3:05 pm

I've tried to read up on the different Powers, to see if I want to support any of them but there's not much information. At least not enough information for me to decide.

One user over at MassivelyOP.net linked these two to me:

https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous ... dangerous/

The first link is the better of the two, although you'd get a more visual impression of the video of course. However, the creator of the video is more interested in the pledge rewards. I'm more interested in the political ethics, methods and ideas of the powers. Actually that's the only thing I care about before choosing. However, I don't get enough information from this to be able to choose any power. So I'm waiting for more depth on these power characters first.

PS: My ED commander name is Vikingr.
Deliverence
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Postby Deliverence » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:53 am

Next expansion has been detailed and is available in store or free for people that purchased the life time expansion pass.
Considering how much they are charging for the expansion I'm really glad I picked up the life time expansion pass when I did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4sAe16UTDg
F7C-M | Scythe | Glaive | MM | Genesis | Crucible | Gemini | Prospector | Phoenix | 890 |600 | Carrack | Hammerhead | Polaris | Idris-P | Black | Razor | Kue
Kamikaz1
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Postby Kamikaz1 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:05 pm

Personally when I think about how much the expansion costs and the sheer number of expansions planned I'm rather glad that I stayed away from Elite: Dangerous.

A year after release and the first big expansion is the buggy I've been driving around my hanger since 2013! :lol:
|Idris-P |Comet |-REDACTED- |Hammerhead |Harbinger |-REDACTED- |Renegade |Vulcan |F7A-M Super Hornet |F8C Lightning |Mustang Delta |Hercules C2 |Hercules A2 |Cutlass Blue |Vulture |Endeavor |Freelancer MAX |Prospector |Razor EX |Star-G |125A |135C |600iE |890 Jump |Apollo Medivac |Orion |Phoenix |Emerald Phoenix |Polaris
Viking
Squadron Ally
Squadron Ally

Postby Viking » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:38 pm

Yeah, I'm glad my pledge level on Kickstarter included lifetime expansion. Since I love Elite: Dangerous that can turn out to be worth a lot to me in the future.

Here's the Horizon teaser trailer:

Corran Horn
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

Postby Corran Horn » Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:53 pm

I ended up picking up the base game after the steam release, and it has been fairly fun to fly around and play. My original understanding was that a lot of what is announced for Horizons was supposed to be patched into future releases of the main game. I'm not very happy with the combination of how much Frontier is charging for their planned expansion and what they're delivering with them. I won't be buying any of the expansions, but I will still play the base game through the Star Citizen release.

That being said, the teaser does look pretty :)
briguy
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member
Location: Northern Va--------Assets: Hornet, Constellation, 315p, M50, Retaliator, 350r

Postby briguy » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:06 am

I haven't touched Elite in a long time because I couldn't connect to their servers to download the updates unless I was connected to a vpn.... :/ I may get back into it and finally do a circuit of the milky way galaxy...

Lately I've been getting into SWTOR, trying to beat at least one class story (I have a Sith Sorceress, Jedi Sentinel, Bounty Hunter and either a Jedi Counselor or a Smuggler). My Sith Sorceress is a level 37, when I use to play a lot, and my Jedi Sentinel is a level 35. Everyone else is pretty low level, sub-twenties. Has anyone been playing SWTOR lately?

Constellation: Dawn’s Shadow; F7C-M: Victory’s Bane; Sabre: Ombra Serena; Gladius: ; Cutlass Red: ; 350r: ; M50: ; Retaliator: ; Gladiator: ; Herald: ; Redeemer: ; Carrack: Ombreggiato Lembos; Khartu-al: ; Freelancer DUR: ; BMM: ; 890 Jump: ; Starfarer-G: ; Vanguard: ; Endeavor: ; Crucible: ; Reclaimer: ; Idirs-P: ;

“The unwanting soul sees what’s hidden, and the ever-wanting soul sees only what it wants.”

A piece of badass machinery!

Return to “General Chat - Other Games / Off Topic”