Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Use this forum for discussions about games other than Star Citizen or SC forerunners, and for completely unrelated discussions. This is a public forum, so take care if you wish to post something intended only for squadron members.

Moderator: Squadron Moderator

briguy
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member
Location: Northern Va--------Assets: Hornet, Constellation, 315p, M50, Retaliator, 350r

Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Postby briguy » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:38 am

**************SPOILERS SPOILERS*******************

My take on the whole Rey besting Kylo is that she allowed herself to full dip into the force which helped her anticipate the strikes that Kylo was giving. Also Kylo just got shot by Chewie's bowcaster which was countlessly demonstrated that it was powerful and he just killed his father by which he was struggling to come to terms with earlier in the movie. Kylo was also half-trained by Snuke but it seemed he was more arrogant and emotional instead of calm and cool. IMHO, in a real fight, someone who doesn't know how to fight can take down someone who has trained all their life. All it takes is a luck blow.

That's how I rationalize that part anyway.

see if we used my thread we wouldn't have to use spoiler warnings :P j/k :D

Constellation: Dawn’s Shadow; F7C-M: Victory’s Bane; Sabre: Ombra Serena; Gladius: ; Cutlass Red: ; 350r: ; M50: ; Retaliator: ; Gladiator: ; Herald: ; Redeemer: ; Carrack: Ombreggiato Lembos; Khartu-al: ; Freelancer DUR: ; BMM: ; 890 Jump: ; Starfarer-G: ; Vanguard: ; Endeavor: ; Crucible: ; Reclaimer: ; Idirs-P: ;

“The unwanting soul sees what’s hidden, and the ever-wanting soul sees only what it wants.”

A piece of badass machinery!
Behudeti
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Postby Behudeti » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:56 am

I liked it a lot! Very much the feel of the original trilogy.

I had a few issues with some parts of it feeling forced, no pun intended. Honestly though I not sure they could have done it any different without adding almost another movie's length to the run time.
Archer
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member
Location: USA UTC-7 ----------- Assets: MISLancer, Sabre, Terrapin, Banu, Dragonfly

Postby Archer » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:13 pm

As somebody who was an Expanded Universe diehard, and still considers that to be the Alpha timeline (to apply some rather poorly sourced temporal terminology), I liked this movie. It was very much a Star Wars story that happened or could have happened in a Star Wars universe. It wasn't the one I came from, but it's an acceptable alternate that I wouldn't mind vacationing in.

I have two gripes. The first one is: where do they fit the engines on that two-seater TIE?

The second is that my old 1997 Stormtrooper rifle is now canon:

And yeah, Rey puts Anakin Solo to total shame in the uber-prodigy department.

If anything can be said about the Han Solo incident, it's that it was almost certainly Harrison Ford's idea. He thought Han should have died in Return of the Jedi, so you could almost say he's been on 30 years of borrowed time. I think on some subconscious level I knew it was going to happen long before I spotted any of the death flags.
Archer "Redeye" Collins : Expert Adventurer For Hire : UTC -0700
MISC Freelancer MIS Arx Aeris * Origin 350r Silentia Lunae * Aegis Sabre Aces High * Anvil Gladiator Pyroclast * Anvil Terrapin The Moving Turtle * Banu Merchantman Lucatiel's Corner Deli and Bistro * x2 Drake Dragonfly
Kelendir Ashendar
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Postby Kelendir Ashendar » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:11 pm

As a big fan of the franchise, I really liked it, despite some moments that bothered me a bit ( an energy light beam that you can see moving, Finn welding the light saber quite well, Han Solo being able to fire a bow caster without being tossed back by the recoil, Luke not saying a word ).

Something I really regret though is that Mara Jade will never exist in the movies, I really hoped JJ would adapt The Thrawn Trilogy to the silver screen, but to no avail. It really would have been epic !

I am in the " Rey is Luke's daughter" and "Supreme Leader Snoke is Darth Plagueis" camps by the way :)
"I wonder what's behind that hill..." And so began Mankind thirst to exploration.

Return to “General Chat - Other Games / Off Topic”