Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Use this forum for discussions about games other than Star Citizen or SC forerunners, and for completely unrelated discussions. This is a public forum, so take care if you wish to post something intended only for squadron members.

Moderator: Squadron Moderator

Viking
Squadron Ally
Squadron Ally

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Postby Viking » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:05 am

You've heard about the new Star Wars movie coming this xmas, but have you seen the teasers and trailers yet?
I can't wait to see this movie! And the best thing about it is that George Lucas haven't directed it. :D

Kamikaz1
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Postby Kamikaz1 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:21 am

Yeah...well that middle one with the sith wielding the double bladed light saber...has scenes from Star Wars The Old Republic combat intro mixed in so I'm fairly certain it isn't official. =)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnImzTqcmDc
|Idris-P |Comet |-REDACTED- |Hammerhead |Harbinger |-REDACTED- |Renegade |Vulcan |F7A-M Super Hornet |F8C Lightning |Mustang Delta |Hercules C2 |Hercules A2 |Cutlass Blue |Vulture |Endeavor |Freelancer MAX |Prospector |Razor EX |Star-G |125A |135C |600iE |890 Jump |Apollo Medivac |Orion |Phoenix |Emerald Phoenix |Polaris
Archer
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member
Location: USA UTC-7 ----------- Assets: MISLancer, Sabre, Terrapin, Banu, Dragonfly

Postby Archer » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:18 pm

I honestly have mixed feelings about the new canon. I'll see it, I'll enjoy it, and I may even love it, but it's not really my Star Wars.
Archer "Redeye" Collins : Expert Adventurer For Hire : UTC -0700
MISC Freelancer MIS Arx Aeris * Origin 350r Silentia Lunae * Aegis Sabre Aces High * Anvil Gladiator Pyroclast * Anvil Terrapin The Moving Turtle * Banu Merchantman Lucatiel's Corner Deli and Bistro * x2 Drake Dragonfly
briguy
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member
Location: Northern Va--------Assets: Hornet, Constellation, 315p, M50, Retaliator, 350r

Postby briguy » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:06 pm

These trailers are about the only "spoilers" I will grant myself before watching this movie. I want to go into the theater w/o any preconception or hype. I want to evaluate it on it's own merits and not from some talking head's opinion but I also don't want my love of the original trilogy to dictate how I like this movie.

I've been staying away from any source that tries to dissect everything from these trailers. I think the only minor spoiler is the antagonist's name and that there was a battle at Jekku. Anything else I've tried my hardest to steer clear from.

Constellation: Dawn’s Shadow; F7C-M: Victory’s Bane; Sabre: Ombra Serena; Gladius: ; Cutlass Red: ; 350r: ; M50: ; Retaliator: ; Gladiator: ; Herald: ; Redeemer: ; Carrack: Ombreggiato Lembos; Khartu-al: ; Freelancer DUR: ; BMM: ; 890 Jump: ; Starfarer-G: ; Vanguard: ; Endeavor: ; Crucible: ; Reclaimer: ; Idirs-P: ;

“The unwanting soul sees what’s hidden, and the ever-wanting soul sees only what it wants.”

A piece of badass machinery!
Corran Horn
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

Postby Corran Horn » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:39 pm

Thanks for organizing the official media into one trailer thread, I hadn't seen the comic con reel yet. I'm looking forward to the release, but not so hyped up to have bought tickets yet. I'll hit it in theaters, but not opening weekend :)
Simon Reach
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Postby Simon Reach » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:58 am

Tickets all booked for me and the girlfriend, hopefully she'll be well enough by December to go. :)
Simon "SkyKiller" Reach

Fighters: Aegis Gladius, Anvil F7C-M Super Hornet, Aegis Sabre, Aegis Vanguard Warden
Bombers: Aegis Retaliator, Anvil Gladiator
Transport: MISC Hull-D
Capitals: Idris-P Frigate "Elizabeth Day"
Syntaxmind
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Postby Syntaxmind » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:35 pm

Looking forward to see it with my friends, also planning to buy all Star Wars movies in blue-ray once this hit the stores and watch them all during a week :P
briguy
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member
Location: Northern Va--------Assets: Hornet, Constellation, 315p, M50, Retaliator, 350r

Postby briguy » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:21 am

I got my ticket and took off of work to watch a matinee. I plan on watching all six movies with my family before I go see it with my family.

Constellation: Dawn’s Shadow; F7C-M: Victory’s Bane; Sabre: Ombra Serena; Gladius: ; Cutlass Red: ; 350r: ; M50: ; Retaliator: ; Gladiator: ; Herald: ; Redeemer: ; Carrack: Ombreggiato Lembos; Khartu-al: ; Freelancer DUR: ; BMM: ; 890 Jump: ; Starfarer-G: ; Vanguard: ; Endeavor: ; Crucible: ; Reclaimer: ; Idirs-P: ;

“The unwanting soul sees what’s hidden, and the ever-wanting soul sees only what it wants.”

A piece of badass machinery!
MisterMendez
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Postby MisterMendez » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:45 am

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly it was a pretty decent movie, I had a good time watching it. The only beef I have with the movie was the death of Han and the ending. The ending could have been better, they just stood there it really erked me.
Another problem I had was with Rey and her force powers and how she "learns" them so quick. But other then that it was really good movie it was a great introduction to the new series.
lol it was the same plot of A New Hope though.
Viking
Squadron Ally
Squadron Ally

Postby Viking » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:51 pm

What do you mean ... DEATH of Han?!!?? :o

... now I don't want to watch it. (j/k)

Return to “General Chat - Other Games / Off Topic”