Star Wars Battlefront Trailer

Use this forum for discussions about games other than Star Citizen or SC forerunners, and for completely unrelated discussions. This is a public forum, so take care if you wish to post something intended only for squadron members.

Moderator: Squadron Moderator

Archer
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member
Location: USA UTC-7 ----------- Assets: MISLancer, Sabre, Terrapin, Banu, Dragonfly

Re: Star Wars Battlefront Trailer

Postby Archer » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:12 am

The horrifying quotes in this IGN article makes me wonder if the head of DICE managed to take the time out of his busy schedule to watch even one of the movies before appearing on stage at the world's biggest Star Wars convention. Surely he must have had a couple hours to kill.

"Space is hard, right?"
Archer "Redeye" Collins : Expert Adventurer For Hire : UTC -0700
MISC Freelancer MIS Arx Aeris * Origin 350r Silentia Lunae * Aegis Sabre Aces High * Anvil Gladiator Pyroclast * Anvil Terrapin The Moving Turtle * Banu Merchantman Lucatiel's Corner Deli and Bistro * x2 Drake Dragonfly
Viking
Squadron Ally
Squadron Ally

Postby Viking » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:18 pm

Thanks for that link. I love this quote:

[...] For us it doesn’t make sense to create a battle above you if you’re fighting other players who are not there to fight. Our focus is to do planetary battles.

Ok ... let's see if I got this right ... so he/they think all the players will be on the ground anyway, so no one is around to play in the space battles? :lol: Please, somone put this guy in a museum already. He obviously doesn't understand mulit-genre games - or that players want it. I wonder how long he's going to take that stance, before the gamers will force him to change his mind or to quit his job? I'll give him one month. Tops.

I have to ask CR about this when I see him in October. Something like: "Are you afraid no one will dogfight in space because everyone is doing ground battles?" :lol:
RS_Wraith
Squadron Communications
Squadron Communications

Postby RS_Wraith » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:58 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"If you heard my shot, you were not my target."

Ships: Herald, Cutlass Red, F7C-M Super Hornet, Constellation Taurus, & 890 Jump
JurassicJeep12
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Postby JurassicJeep12 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:55 am

Despite the negative points surfacing about the new Battlefront, I think the first two were so bad that this one HAS to be better. I was one of the first from the public to view their exclusive gameplay trailer not available anywhere but at SW Celebration. The graphics shown were from Alpha code, PS4. The gameplay footage was as "photorealistic" as the regular trailer. Furthermore the sound effects were really good and had some "omph" to it. I don't care if it does or doesn't have space battles, it seems like this time they focused on the essentials of the game to make it feel like a great experience. In comparison Battlefront 2 had a lot of options, and overall felt like a cheap star wars watered down experience. Nothing felt polished to me like this new one does.
Current: Kruger P-52 Merlin, Origin M50, Origin 350R, Anvil F7C-M SuperHornet, Anvil Gladiator, Aegis Retaliator, RSI Constellation, MISC Freelancer (DUR/MIS), MISC Starfarer, Xi'An Khartu
Archer
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member
Location: USA UTC-7 ----------- Assets: MISLancer, Sabre, Terrapin, Banu, Dragonfly

Postby Archer » Sat May 09, 2015 4:26 am

Even more of what is becoming a truly fascinating anthropological study on the lost tribe of protohumans that is DICE: http://www.psu.com/news/26714/Star-Wars ... ce-battles
Archer "Redeye" Collins : Expert Adventurer For Hire : UTC -0700
MISC Freelancer MIS Arx Aeris * Origin 350r Silentia Lunae * Aegis Sabre Aces High * Anvil Gladiator Pyroclast * Anvil Terrapin The Moving Turtle * Banu Merchantman Lucatiel's Corner Deli and Bistro * x2 Drake Dragonfly
DarkenSeyreth
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Postby DarkenSeyreth » Sun May 10, 2015 11:27 am

Archer wrote:Even more of what is becoming a truly fascinating anthropological study on the lost tribe of protohumans that is DICE: http://www.psu.com/news/26714/Star-Wars ... ce-battles

More like, "We are restrained by the limitations of consoles, and the demand for the games to look better and better, so we have to confine you to a small environment."
WITNESS ME!

Current fleet: Hornet Ghost, Aurora LN, Freelancer MIS, M50
Viking
Squadron Ally
Squadron Ally

Postby Viking » Mon May 11, 2015 9:44 am

I think he/they are just stuck in the old way of thinking - "Why make one game that has everything when we can make five games in different genres and sell them for 5x as much?" Well, they're going to get a wakeup call pretty soon. Players demand more today - and even more tomorrow.
Viking
Squadron Ally
Squadron Ally

Postby Viking » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:36 pm

This one is new, showed at GamesCom this year. They're now offering ship combat but not in space, only in the atmosphere ... The word from DICE now is that atmospheric combat is so much better because there they have clouds and stuff, which is more 3D ... I wonder how long after release until they'll offer space combat too?

briguy
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member
Location: Northern Va--------Assets: Hornet, Constellation, 315p, M50, Retaliator, 350r

Postby briguy » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:10 pm

if green man gaming or other digital game distribution site does offer a nice discount of Battlefront, I'll get it.

Constellation: Dawn’s Shadow; F7C-M: Victory’s Bane; Sabre: Ombra Serena; Gladius: ; Cutlass Red: ; 350r: ; M50: ; Retaliator: ; Gladiator: ; Herald: ; Redeemer: ; Carrack: Ombreggiato Lembos; Khartu-al: ; Freelancer DUR: ; BMM: ; 890 Jump: ; Starfarer-G: ; Vanguard: ; Endeavor: ; Crucible: ; Reclaimer: ; Idirs-P: ;

“The unwanting soul sees what’s hidden, and the ever-wanting soul sees only what it wants.”

A piece of badass machinery!
briguy
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member
Location: Northern Va--------Assets: Hornet, Constellation, 315p, M50, Retaliator, 350r

Postby briguy » Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:55 pm

In the interest of not creating another similar thread:

Who has played the beta and what are your thoughts.

I actually like it. I haven't flown yet (heard it flies like ace combat). I'll probably get this mid-Nov.

Constellation: Dawn’s Shadow; F7C-M: Victory’s Bane; Sabre: Ombra Serena; Gladius: ; Cutlass Red: ; 350r: ; M50: ; Retaliator: ; Gladiator: ; Herald: ; Redeemer: ; Carrack: Ombreggiato Lembos; Khartu-al: ; Freelancer DUR: ; BMM: ; 890 Jump: ; Starfarer-G: ; Vanguard: ; Endeavor: ; Crucible: ; Reclaimer: ; Idirs-P: ;

“The unwanting soul sees what’s hidden, and the ever-wanting soul sees only what it wants.”

A piece of badass machinery!

Return to “General Chat - Other Games / Off Topic”