Nice Starwars TOR Game-Music-Video

Use this forum for discussions about games other than Star Citizen or SC forerunners, and for completely unrelated discussions. This is a public forum, so take care if you wish to post something intended only for squadron members.

Moderator: Squadron Moderator

Elfwyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Nice Starwars TOR Game-Music-Video

Postby Elfwyn » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:09 am

The guy that's making Starcitizen Fanvideos now (Youtube: "years1hundred") has done an impressive Starwars - the Old Republic GMV (Game Music Video). Wanted to share it because I think it's cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7YhjAX5KdA

Role: Board Technical Administrator - "Got any problems? Ask me."

Current Ships (subject to change):
* Aegis Idris-M, Retaliator x2, Avenger x3, Gladius x3(-2), Redeemer x2, Vanguard x3, Sabre x3 * Anvil Hornet Super x8, Tracker x2, Gladiator x3, Carack, Crucible * Origin 890 Jump , 350R, M50 x3 * RSI Polaris, Constellation Phoenix, Orion * MISC Endeavor Hope, Starfarer-G x3, Hull B, E, Reliant Kore (-1), Mako, Sen, Tana, Prospector, Freelancer Dur * Drake Caterpillar, Cutlass Black, Red, Herald, Dragonfly x4 * Aopoa Khartu * BIRC Merchantman, Defender x2 * Crusader Genesis Starliner * Esperia Prowler
Viking
Squadron Ally
Squadron Ally

Re: Nice Starwars TOR Game-Music-Video

Postby Viking » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:00 am

That was great to watch! After seeing this video I'm tempted to try SWTOR sometime. What puts me off is the FPS focus, really. I'm more interested in flying space ships than the jedi or soldier stuff. So I'll watch how it evolves and if they decide to focus more on the space sim part too, then I'm in. IMO they'd be foolish not to put space sim content into SWTOR now, after the success of SC, ED, No Man's Sky, and others. :)

But I fear EA's and Disney's minds are stuck in the old way of thinking, so they'll make a separate space sim instead. That'll be a mistake IMO. The single genre game is about to die out as a prospect. The future is how SC is doing it, with multiple genres into one game.
Shiv-Katall
Public Speaker
Public Speaker

Postby Shiv-Katall » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:03 pm

That rly is a good music video - shame I fell out of TOR after they did the last major update some months ago
Cutlass Black 'Night Caller', Dragonfly Black 'Flare', Vanguard Warden 'Starwing', Buccaneer (May replace with Hornet), Aurora LN, *REDACTED*
RS_Wraith
Squadron Communications
Squadron Communications

Postby RS_Wraith » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:40 am

Cool music vid, but I never did get into SWTOR. I tried a few times and felt monotonous.
"If you heard my shot, you were not my target."

Ships: Herald, Cutlass Red, F7C-M Super Hornet, Constellation Taurus, & 890 Jump
DarkenSeyreth
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Postby DarkenSeyreth » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:27 pm

Very cool, almost makes me want to dust off my old TOR account. I put a few hours into it a few years ago but slowly lost interest. It's the last MMO that really held me for any period of time though.
WITNESS ME!

Current fleet: Hornet Ghost, Aurora LN, Freelancer MIS, M50
Viking
Squadron Ally
Squadron Ally

Postby Viking » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:34 pm

I'll wait to create a SWTOR account until they decide to expand the scope into something like Star Citizen. I mean, if one fantasy universe deserves to be a full universe, it must be Star Wars. Together with the Star Trek universe it's the most known - and loved - fiction universe of all.

So if they don't realize this is needed then they won't get any money from me.
DarkenSeyreth
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Postby DarkenSeyreth » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:50 pm

Oh man Viking, I had a mini nerdgasm just reading that. I have said Star Citizen is the game i have been waiting for all my life, even if didn't know it, but if someone were to properly make a Star Wars game on the same scope as SC or Elite... I could very well lose my life to that game lol. I would only hope that they would do it like Galaxies (early days) in the sense that Jedi are like unicorns, rare, almost mythical creatures that if you were to see one, you know shit is about to go down.
WITNESS ME!

Current fleet: Hornet Ghost, Aurora LN, Freelancer MIS, M50
Viking
Squadron Ally
Squadron Ally

Postby Viking » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:58 am

DarkenSeyreth wrote:Oh man Viking, I had a mini nerdgasm just reading that.

Haha! :lol:

DarkenSeyreth wrote:I would only hope that they would do it like Galaxies (early days) in the sense that Jedi are like unicorns, rare, almost mythical creatures that if you were to see one, you know shit is about to go down.

I never played SW Galaxies either ... but I'm sure you're right. :)

When Star Citizen really takes off and the guys at EA and Disney have a board meeting where they scratch their heads and wonder why SC suddenly is so popular, then I think someone in that room will suggest it has something to do with the scope and get his/her argument heard. Sooner or later it has to sip into their one-tracked minds, even if they don't want to admit single genre games are becoming more and more outdated. So I think EA & Co. will come around and see the light, it's just a question of when. :D

Return to “General Chat - Other Games / Off Topic”