GOG - Lucasarts releases

Use this forum for discussions about games other than Star Citizen or SC forerunners, and for completely unrelated discussions. This is a public forum, so take care if you wish to post something intended only for squadron members.

Moderator: Squadron Moderator

Shiv-Katall
Public Speaker
Public Speaker

GOG - Lucasarts releases

Postby Shiv-Katall » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:40 pm

Dont know if people know or care about this but GOG (http://www.gog.com/) has been releasing all the old lucasarts\lucasfilm games. Mostly Star Wars but some others as well.

Most notable the X-Wing & TIE Fighter special editions as well as X-Wing Vs TIE Fighter and X-Wing Alliance. Also some others like starfighter and Rogue Squadron.

http://www.gog.com/games##sort=bestselling&devpub=disney&page=1
Cutlass Black 'Night Caller', Dragonfly Black 'Flare', Vanguard Warden 'Starwing', Buccaneer (May replace with Hornet), Aurora LN, *REDACTED*
Archer
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member
Location: USA UTC-7 ----------- Assets: MISLancer, Sabre, Terrapin, Banu, Dragonfly

Re: GOG - Lucasarts releases

Postby Archer » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:06 pm

They're actually releasing new ones every day. Many of these games haven't been decently playable on a modern PC in years, even with a mess of batchscripts and code modifications. Steam wouldn't touch most of them, and halfassed most of the releases they did do.

GoG does good work, has no DRM, and updates their releases with patches and bugfixes. I've been buying every one of these I ever thought was remotely interesting, just to make sure they keep doing this for more games. If they put out the 3D Indy games and Shadows of the Empire, maybe the howling ghost of Lucasarts can finally rest easy.
Archer "Redeye" Collins : Expert Adventurer For Hire : UTC -0700
MISC Freelancer MIS Arx Aeris * Origin 350r Silentia Lunae * Aegis Sabre Aces High * Anvil Gladiator Pyroclast * Anvil Terrapin The Moving Turtle * Banu Merchantman Lucatiel's Corner Deli and Bistro * x2 Drake Dragonfly
Viking
Squadron Ally
Squadron Ally

Postby Viking » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:27 am

Oh, I just noticed there are many new Star Wars games on GOG now, including Rogue Squadron 3D! :)

[link]http://www.gog.com/games##search=disney&sort=bestselling&page=1[/link]

Edit: Tried to fix link.
Last edited by Viking on Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarkenSeyreth
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Postby DarkenSeyreth » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:35 am

I'm waiting for them to go on sale, hopefully as a package. Not that i don't think $10 isn't worth it, but just cause I'm cheap/poor like that lol
WITNESS ME!

Current fleet: Hornet Ghost, Aurora LN, Freelancer MIS, M50
Shiv-Katall
Public Speaker
Public Speaker

Postby Shiv-Katall » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:38 am

Not that I should advertise this - but me and my friends are the same level of poors lol. So we cheated the system a bit. We each bough 2 or 3 and then logged into each other's accounts to get the installers. Theres no CD keys so we found the system works.
Cutlass Black 'Night Caller', Dragonfly Black 'Flare', Vanguard Warden 'Starwing', Buccaneer (May replace with Hornet), Aurora LN, *REDACTED*
Viking
Squadron Ally
Squadron Ally

Postby Viking » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:41 am

:D
Elfwyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Elfwyn » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:04 pm

Use the new "link" bbcode to create a simple link called "Link" just enclose your Link inside link and slash-link or use the button in the editor.

Test:

old (with url)
http://www.gog.com/games#sort=bestselling&devpub=disney&page=1

new (with link)
Link

Role: Board Technical Administrator - "Got any problems? Ask me."

Current Ships (subject to change):
* Aegis Idris-M, Retaliator x2, Avenger x3, Gladius x3(-2), Redeemer x2, Vanguard x3, Sabre x3 * Anvil Hornet Super x8, Tracker x2, Gladiator x3, Carack, Crucible * Origin 890 Jump , 350R, M50 x3 * RSI Polaris, Constellation Phoenix, Orion * MISC Endeavor Hope, Starfarer-G x3, Hull B, E, Reliant Kore (-1), Mako, Sen, Tana, Prospector, Freelancer Dur * Drake Caterpillar, Cutlass Black, Red, Herald, Dragonfly x4 * Aopoa Khartu * BIRC Merchantman, Defender x2 * Crusader Genesis Starliner * Esperia Prowler
Corran Horn
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

Postby Corran Horn » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:47 pm

Great collection... I still have the original media for a bunch of those :P
*starts looking for his old X-Wing box and manual*...
Viking
Squadron Ally
Squadron Ally

Postby Viking » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:50 pm

Elfwyn wrote:Use the new "link" bbcode to create a simple link called "Link" just enclose your Link inside link and slash-link or use the button in the editor.

Test:

old (with url)
http://www.gog.com/games#sort=bestselling&devpub=disney&page=1

new (with link)
Link

Have you had any luck with these links? In my browser they don't work. The "&devpub=disney" parameter is ignored. As I mentioned another place there are two hash tags after each other in the correct URL but that's not possible to make a link of on this board.
Archer
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member
Location: USA UTC-7 ----------- Assets: MISLancer, Sabre, Terrapin, Banu, Dragonfly

Postby Archer » Thu May 05, 2016 6:12 am

They finally got Shadows of the Empire patched up and ready for the future! Here's hoping Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine will be next. In the meantime, up the irons and down some walkers!

https://www.gog.com/game/star_wars_shad ... the_empire
Archer "Redeye" Collins : Expert Adventurer For Hire : UTC -0700
MISC Freelancer MIS Arx Aeris * Origin 350r Silentia Lunae * Aegis Sabre Aces High * Anvil Gladiator Pyroclast * Anvil Terrapin The Moving Turtle * Banu Merchantman Lucatiel's Corner Deli and Bistro * x2 Drake Dragonfly

Return to “General Chat - Other Games / Off Topic”