Wingman is gone

Use this forum for discussions about games other than Star Citizen or SC forerunners, and for completely unrelated discussions. This is a public forum, so take care if you wish to post something intended only for squadron members.

Moderator: Squadron Moderator

Elfwyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wingman is gone

Postby Elfwyn » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:01 am

Role: Board Technical Administrator - "Got any problems? Ask me."

Current Ships (subject to change):
* Aegis Idris-M, Retaliator x2, Avenger x3, Gladius x3(-2), Redeemer x2, Vanguard x3, Sabre x3 * Anvil Hornet Super x8, Tracker x2, Gladiator x3, Carack, Crucible * Origin 890 Jump , 350R, M50 x3 * RSI Polaris, Constellation Phoenix, Orion * MISC Endeavor Hope, Starfarer-G x3, Hull B, E, Reliant Kore (-1), Mako, Sen, Tana, Prospector, Freelancer Dur * Drake Caterpillar, Cutlass Black, Red, Herald, Dragonfly x4 * Aopoa Khartu * BIRC Merchantman, Defender x2 * Crusader Genesis Starliner * Esperia Prowler
DarkenSeyreth
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Re: Wingman is gone

Postby DarkenSeyreth » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:21 pm

I had seen that. It's quite sad to see him leave, but hopefully he moves on to great things.

I am really disappointed with how thew community is handling it. It just reminds me why i don't go to the forums anymore.
WITNESS ME!

Current fleet: Hornet Ghost, Aurora LN, Freelancer MIS, M50
Viking
Squadron Ally
Squadron Ally

Postby Viking » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:23 pm

How are they handling it? I would've thought they loved him and miss him already?
DarkenSeyreth
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Postby DarkenSeyreth » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:45 pm

Viking wrote:How are they handling it? I would've thought they loved him and miss him already?

This thread from Reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/2ld9d0/enough_is_enough_staff_changes_are_routine_not/

And this post from Ben:
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.c ... ngering/p1

kinda sum it up. Essentially not well. They all feel like Wingman was pushed out and it's all Sandi's fault and blah blah blah, misinformed rage etc. It's, as usual, a very vocal minority, and the rest of the community has been great and supportive about it, but the assholes will always be the loudest.
WITNESS ME!

Current fleet: Hornet Ghost, Aurora LN, Freelancer MIS, M50
Viking
Squadron Ally
Squadron Ally

Postby Viking » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:42 pm

WoW, they're accusing Sandi? First time I've heard of this. But as you know I'm not reading the forums anymore. At least not those parts where these guys are. This is what happens when you are lenient with the forum users. You get a toxic community. I warned them many times about being too lenient before I left the forums in the summer of 2013. It was essentially Wingman and Ben who led the forums back then and both of them was advocating for the lenient way.

I've also said many times before that I couldn't have been a moderator myself, because if I had the power I'd banned thousands. On their first offense. I am not lenient ... :lol:
Kamikaz1
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Postby Kamikaz1 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:27 am

So...did anyone catch his livestream and find out what the game he's making is about?
|Idris-P |Comet |-REDACTED- |Hammerhead |Harbinger |-REDACTED- |Renegade |Vulcan |F7A-M Super Hornet |F8C Lightning |Mustang Delta |Hercules C2 |Hercules A2 |Cutlass Blue |Vulture |Endeavor |Freelancer MAX |Prospector |Razor EX |Star-G |125A |135C |600iE |890 Jump |Apollo Medivac |Orion |Phoenix |Emerald Phoenix |Polaris
briguy
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member
Location: Northern Va--------Assets: Hornet, Constellation, 315p, M50, Retaliator, 350r

Postby briguy » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:22 pm

I wish I did, I was busy moving desktops around to catch it. I did get the notification that he went live though.

And wow, just wow! It's always nice to have an affirmation of why I rarely venture into GC on the forums anymore. The shit that some people say confounds me sometimes!

Constellation: Dawn’s Shadow; F7C-M: Victory’s Bane; Sabre: Ombra Serena; Gladius: ; Cutlass Red: ; 350r: ; M50: ; Retaliator: ; Gladiator: ; Herald: ; Redeemer: ; Carrack: Ombreggiato Lembos; Khartu-al: ; Freelancer DUR: ; BMM: ; 890 Jump: ; Starfarer-G: ; Vanguard: ; Endeavor: ; Crucible: ; Reclaimer: ; Idirs-P: ;

“The unwanting soul sees what’s hidden, and the ever-wanting soul sees only what it wants.”

A piece of badass machinery!
Elfwyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Elfwyn » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:22 am

I missed the livestream and I don't have many details, but what I hear is that it is a "Descent" (http://www.interplay.com/games/descent.php) - Style Shooter with a bit more attached to it. Like Resource Gathering for example... didn't read up on details yet.

Role: Board Technical Administrator - "Got any problems? Ask me."

Current Ships (subject to change):
* Aegis Idris-M, Retaliator x2, Avenger x3, Gladius x3(-2), Redeemer x2, Vanguard x3, Sabre x3 * Anvil Hornet Super x8, Tracker x2, Gladiator x3, Carack, Crucible * Origin 890 Jump , 350R, M50 x3 * RSI Polaris, Constellation Phoenix, Orion * MISC Endeavor Hope, Starfarer-G x3, Hull B, E, Reliant Kore (-1), Mako, Sen, Tana, Prospector, Freelancer Dur * Drake Caterpillar, Cutlass Black, Red, Herald, Dragonfly x4 * Aopoa Khartu * BIRC Merchantman, Defender x2 * Crusader Genesis Starliner * Esperia Prowler

Return to “General Chat - Other Games / Off Topic”