BBCodes for the forum

Use this forum for discussions about games other than Star Citizen or SC forerunners, and for completely unrelated discussions. This is a public forum, so take care if you wish to post something intended only for squadron members.

Moderator: Squadron Moderator

Viking
Squadron Ally
Squadron Ally

BBCodes for the forum

Postby Viking » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:24 pm

This is a request from me to Admin -

I wonder if it'd be possible to implement a new BBCode? This is one I made for another forum, which works like the [IMG] tag except this one resizes large/huge images to fit within the forum walls, makes a link to the original with a guide text below the image, and it also opens the original image in a new tab/window. I think the other forum users will enjoy this as much as I do. It's really useful in a forum like this. :)

In the Admin Control Panel go here:

Then put in this code:

That last word in the Help Line which is cut off in the image above is supposed to be "forum" (or "forums", if you like).

If you want to implement other BBCodes then I have more - Table (three different), Spoiler, Anchor and GoTo - to mention a few.
Elfwyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: BBCodes for the forum

Postby Elfwyn » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:49 am

I will take a look at it on the weekend - I failed miserably implementing the youtube tag as you might have seen.

Role: Board Technical Administrator - "Got any problems? Ask me."

Current Ships (subject to change):
* Aegis Idris-M, Retaliator x2, Avenger x3, Gladius x3(-2), Redeemer x2, Vanguard x3, Sabre x3 * Anvil Hornet Super x8, Tracker x2, Gladiator x3, Carack, Crucible * Origin 890 Jump , 350R, M50 x3 * RSI Polaris, Constellation Phoenix, Orion * MISC Endeavor Hope, Starfarer-G x3, Hull B, E, Reliant Kore (-1), Mako, Sen, Tana, Prospector, Freelancer Dur * Drake Caterpillar, Cutlass Black, Red, Herald, Dragonfly x4 * Aopoa Khartu * BIRC Merchantman, Defender x2 * Crusader Genesis Starliner * Esperia Prowler
Viking
Squadron Ally
Squadron Ally

Re: BBCodes for the forum

Postby Viking » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:08 am

Thanks, Elfwyn. If I can be of any assitance then please say so.

Return to “General Chat - Other Games / Off Topic”