The Frigate Odin

Use this forum for discussions about games other than Star Citizen or SC forerunners, and for completely unrelated discussions. This is a public forum, so take care if you wish to post something intended only for squadron members.

Moderator: Squadron Moderator

JurassicJeep12
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Re: The Frigate Odin

Postby JurassicJeep12 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:46 pm

I will wait until the game is out before committing to crew aboard your mighty ship. Due to the timezones, we may hardly encounter each other. Though I remember reading something about how a frigate needs to be manned 24hours, so if that's the case, consider me as security personnel to repel any Star Destroyers, or pirates we may encounter. ;)

Seriously though the fact that you are making your own subdivision to better manage your Idris gets two thumbs up for me.
Current: Kruger P-52 Merlin, Origin M50, Origin 350R, Anvil F7C-M SuperHornet, Anvil Gladiator, Aegis Retaliator, RSI Constellation, MISC Freelancer (DUR/MIS), MISC Starfarer, Xi'An Khartu
Viking
Squadron Ally
Squadron Ally

Postby Viking » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:01 pm

Thanks, guys.

Judge - It's a combat role, yes. Well, I am probably going to be in O.P. and then I'm taking Odin with me, plus at least four Hornet wingmen and some more support ships. Among them one Constellation. Read more here: http://idrisownersclub.co.uk/forums/top ... pitchfork/ (password = survivor).

But it's not 100% decided. More like 50% at the moment. It depends on the operation and how it's planned. I'm not in this for the fighting but for the goal: liberate Orion. To be honest I'm not very impressed so far with the planning of O.P. But if I see any chance to reach Orion without fifth columnists shooting us in the back and half the force going on away missions to Tiber while the other half is boarding Vanduul carriers in vain, then I will attend. I think it's a suicide mission anyway but that's one of my least concerns.
'Judge'ment
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Postby 'Judge'ment » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:18 am

Viking,

I will have the same problem that Irish has. ( I live on the East Coast, being in school still will make crewing during your time rough) However, I'm sure this has been brought up before. Have a 'night crew' (lead by Irish since he is 1st mate) then the rest of us yanks can keep her safe through the night and continue her plotted course/repel invaders/pirates. That being said we still don't have all the information needed to make these major decisions. As I mentioned before, it would be an honor to help. I however am wary of O.P. I feel that unless some major brains come together and organize them(I have not been following as of late, I wrote it off as soon as I read the original plan[which was a complete face-roll]) they will not succeed let alone survive. (If I'm wrong I welcome it, I wish them the best, merely I feel it is a death wish to partake in it.)

I'm sure you'll be getting a few, but I'm very interested in the Endeavor, the Hope-Class Hospital ship. Perhaps I could follow in toe with it.

As always my friend, all the best!
Judge
'I am Judge, Jury, and Executioner

Cutlass Black[Red](SAR wing), Avenger Stalker(SAR Support)
DarkenSeyreth
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Postby DarkenSeyreth » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:30 pm

The more I hear about OP and the fact that CIG may not do a server reset afterwards, leads me more and more to taking up a casualty support role. I will be there to monitor the escape lanes and make sure pirates aren't taking advantage of the weakened ships. Not sure which ship I'll be doing that in, but I will be there.
WITNESS ME!

Current fleet: Hornet Ghost, Aurora LN, Freelancer MIS, M50
'Judge'ment
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Postby 'Judge'ment » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:52 pm

Agreed, I can't see it ending well at all. I think it great that folks want to amass and do something that will be remembered for the rest of SC time, and make some history. But in all things people will be looking at what is lost rather then what was gained. I hope and would plead CIG not to server reset. For that would take away from the game and the realism that will provide(limited). I will be more then ready to help guide folks back to UEE friendly space/ports/etc. Pirates must be biting at the chomp for O.P., I look forward to it but not in the diving headfirst dying sorta of way.

Viking
Squadron Ally
Squadron Ally

Postby Viking » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:09 pm

@Judge - My bio clock is tuned to EST and has been for many years. So playing at 8 pm and 2 am is no problem for me. :)

I may very well do what Darken does in O.P. But if CIG resets the PU afterwards then I see little point in participating. It had to be only to wipe out some pirates.
'Judge'ment
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Postby 'Judge'ment » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:16 pm

Lol wonderful! My bio-clock is still learning what it needs to-do.

briguy
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member
Location: Northern Va--------Assets: Hornet, Constellation, 315p, M50, Retaliator, 350r

Postby briguy » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:07 am

I always had an interest in the Norse mythology but all I know about it is what has been referenced in movies and games. I know, I know I shouldn't base anything from games or movies but just haven't gotten around to learning it.

For my ships, most of them will be named either in Latin or in some kind of poetic irony

@Viking, I would love to come aboard once in a while if I'm not doing anything for the Org or trading/recon!

Constellation: Dawn’s Shadow; F7C-M: Victory’s Bane; Sabre: Ombra Serena; Gladius: ; Cutlass Red: ; 350r: ; M50: ; Retaliator: ; Gladiator: ; Herald: ; Redeemer: ; Carrack: Ombreggiato Lembos; Khartu-al: ; Freelancer DUR: ; BMM: ; 890 Jump: ; Starfarer-G: ; Vanguard: ; Endeavor: ; Crucible: ; Reclaimer: ; Idirs-P: ;

“The unwanting soul sees what’s hidden, and the ever-wanting soul sees only what it wants.”

A piece of badass machinery!
Viking
Squadron Ally
Squadron Ally

Postby Viking » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:29 am

Sure, briguy! You're welcome aboard. If you register in the Org. I will remember it too. ;)

Some very basic things to remember about the vikings:

1. Their helmets didn't have horns.
2. Viking is a verb. Vikingr is plural for someone who [goes on] Viking, but Vikingr is a later word. Probably invented after the viking age.
3. Only the Berserks went berserk (and ate mushrooms). The Berserks sat in the front of the ship and was first to go ashore or board another ship. Basicly foot soldiers. The vikings were of higher status. Sort of a samurai or knight type that swore a loyalty oath to the king for life.
Vanisher
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Postby Vanisher » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:58 am

Vanisher reporting for duty! o>
"Rogue Squadron doesn’t run. Unless we really, really have to."

Return to “General Chat - Other Games / Off Topic”