Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Use this forum for discussions about games other than Star Citizen or SC forerunners, and for completely unrelated discussions. This is a public forum, so take care if you wish to post something intended only for squadron members.

Moderator: Squadron Moderator

Viking
Squadron Ally
Squadron Ally

Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Postby Viking » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:54 pm

You know, I've never been attracted to RPG games with wizards, dragons and gnomes or whatever. Not even when I was younger. And I think I've discovered why these games don't appeal to me: They're all about fighting in a fantasy world. Now, I don't have anything against fantasy - I read a lot of fantasy books, which is my favorite book genre - but these games seems shallow to me.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance is different. And suddenly my interest sparks! Maybe it's because it doesn' offer dragons or wizards, but a more genuin and true setting. Maybe it's because I'm a history buff and have studied the subject (some) at college. I love history! My dream is to see many video games in the future which tells a story about a specific period of history, both for fun and education. Maybe they can even be used in schools to teach pupils/students about history. That would be awesome! :)

This game promise to be realistic! So I look forward to this game and will pledge soon. The Kickstarter project is funded but it's possible to pledge on their homepage.

Links about the game:

Homepage: http://kingdomcomerpg.com/
Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/12 ... eliverance
Chris Roberts: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm ... eliverance
briguy
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member
Location: Northern Va--------Assets: Hornet, Constellation, 315p, M50, Retaliator, 350r

Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Postby briguy » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:18 pm

If I remember correctly, CIG and the developer of this game were sharing notes since they both us the CryEngine.

About history in video games: One of my favorite games are the Assassin's Creed games because they do blend history with a great story. Although most of what happens in those games are fictious, they are still great ways to show what those times may have been like.
The bad part of teaching history via a game is the interpretation of the information if the history is taught with a narrative story.

Constellation: Dawn’s Shadow; F7C-M: Victory’s Bane; Sabre: Ombra Serena; Gladius: ; Cutlass Red: ; 350r: ; M50: ; Retaliator: ; Gladiator: ; Herald: ; Redeemer: ; Carrack: Ombreggiato Lembos; Khartu-al: ; Freelancer DUR: ; BMM: ; 890 Jump: ; Starfarer-G: ; Vanguard: ; Endeavor: ; Crucible: ; Reclaimer: ; Idirs-P: ;

“The unwanting soul sees what’s hidden, and the ever-wanting soul sees only what it wants.”

A piece of badass machinery!
Viking
Squadron Ally
Squadron Ally

Postby Viking » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:12 am

briguy wrote:If I remember correctly, CIG and the developer of this game were sharing notes since they both us the CryEngine.

True. In fact, not only sharing notes, but sharing technology too. CR was especially interested in their character/toon tech.

briguy wrote:The bad part of teaching history via a game is the interpretation of the information if the history is taught with a narrative story.

I can see that, which makes it important that what the narrator says is historically correct. As the game itself must do. So that rules out any game with monsters, wizards, dragons, or elves. But don't we already have 13 on the dozen of such fantasy games? I'd rather see a game which is true to history than another with monsters. Besides, you can find real monsters in the real world too - especially among humans, but also "monster" animals, like white sharks (who eat fishermen?) and tigers in the jungle. Something historically correct games can use to create suspense and action.
DarkenSeyreth
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Postby DarkenSeyreth » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:23 pm

I've been eyeing this game myself, I may decide to back it in the coming months. I personally love Fantasy, but especially the medieval timeline but games like Chivalry just weren't doing it for me (although War of the Roses, and Dragon Age were really fun). This game looks to be really neat and I'm willing to give it a fair chance, the character modelling alone makes me super interested in this game. Here's the customization video that was posted to reddit a couple days ago, rumour has it that they are sharing this tech with CIG. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWQn10s_QJM

Either way looks very fun, I have 2 other games on my list that I want to buy before this one (Civ: BE, and Rimworld) but I will back this one soon enough.
WITNESS ME!

Current fleet: Hornet Ghost, Aurora LN, Freelancer MIS, M50
Deliverence
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Postby Deliverence » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:25 pm

I have access to the alpha and it looks incredible, though it's still very buggy a lot of issues when communicating to NPC's and glitches for things like going through doors but it is in alpha still so this is all to be expected.
At the moment it feels more like a tech demo as there isn't really a great deal to do at this stage.
F7C-M | Scythe | Glaive | MM | Genesis | Crucible | Gemini | Prospector | Phoenix | 890 |600 | Carrack | Hammerhead | Polaris | Idris-P | Black | Razor | Kue
Viking
Squadron Ally
Squadron Ally

Postby Viking » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:17 pm

Thanks for the report, Deliverence. Now I'm even more interested. :)

Return to “General Chat - Other Games / Off Topic”