X-Wing Miniatures + Star Citizen

Use this forum for discussions about games other than Star Citizen or SC forerunners, and for completely unrelated discussions. This is a public forum, so take care if you wish to post something intended only for squadron members.

Moderator: Squadron Moderator

IIITerceroIII
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

X-Wing Miniatures + Star Citizen

Postby IIITerceroIII » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:37 am

Not a PC game, but still space dogfighting, I've really been enjoying playing X-Wing miniatures. I've made some Star Citizen ships that are compatible with the game as well, at 1/270 scale to go with the rest of the minis.

Here's a link to my models:
https://www.shapeways.com/shops/miniature-space-ships

X-Wing Minis is a pretty awesome system that captures some of the thinking that needs to go into a dogfight, while still keeping a quick pace for a miniature game. It's cheap to get into, with a starter set costing between $30 and $40 USD, but each ship beyond the first three is sold separately, so it can become an expensive hobby, so be warned.

Here's a link to where I buy mine in case anyone is interested, they tend to be a bit cheaper than standard retail outlets:
http://www.miniaturemarket.com/table-to ... -wing.html
Elfwyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: X-Wing Miniatures + Star Citizen

Postby Elfwyn » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:26 am

I hope that guy did get permission to sell Star Citizen Miniatures from CIG. While CIG is very liberal with fan art I don't think they would approve of someone selling miniatures of their IP - at least their legal department that is.

Role: Board Technical Administrator - "Got any problems? Ask me."

Current Ships (subject to change):
* Aegis Idris-M, Retaliator x2, Avenger x3, Gladius x3(-2), Redeemer x2, Vanguard x3, Sabre x3 * Anvil Hornet Super x8, Tracker x2, Gladiator x3, Carack, Crucible * Origin 890 Jump , 350R, M50 x3 * RSI Polaris, Constellation Phoenix, Orion * MISC Endeavor Hope, Starfarer-G x3, Hull B, E, Reliant Kore (-1), Mako, Sen, Tana, Prospector, Freelancer Dur * Drake Caterpillar, Cutlass Black, Red, Herald, Dragonfly x4 * Aopoa Khartu * BIRC Merchantman, Defender x2 * Crusader Genesis Starliner * Esperia Prowler
Shiv-Katall
Public Speaker
Public Speaker

Postby Shiv-Katall » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:44 am

I play a little X-Wing but am more a fan of Armada. Its slower but I feel it requires more thought and planning ahead because the ships are slower and you have to choose commands 2 or 3 turns in advance.

Also what Elfwyn said.
Cutlass Black 'Night Caller', Dragonfly Black 'Flare', Vanguard Warden 'Starwing', Buccaneer (May replace with Hornet), Aurora LN, *REDACTED*
IIITerceroIII
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Postby IIITerceroIII » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:46 am

I've had a few convros with CIG members about these, as long as they're not posted on their forums, they're not fussed about it. I'm not selling them at a profit, it's really just the production costs on these. Shapeways is the only one making a buck, and CIG doesn't currently have plans to produce a similar product.
Elfwyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Elfwyn » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:51 am

IIITerceroIII wrote:I've had a few convros with CIG members about these, as long as they're not posted on their forums, they're not fussed about it. I'm not selling them at a profit, it's really just the production costs on these. Shapeways is the only one making a buck, and CIG doesn't currently have plans to produce a similar product.

Oh ^_^! those where yours. Sorry.. didn't really notice that detail.

Role: Board Technical Administrator - "Got any problems? Ask me."

Current Ships (subject to change):
* Aegis Idris-M, Retaliator x2, Avenger x3, Gladius x3(-2), Redeemer x2, Vanguard x3, Sabre x3 * Anvil Hornet Super x8, Tracker x2, Gladiator x3, Carack, Crucible * Origin 890 Jump , 350R, M50 x3 * RSI Polaris, Constellation Phoenix, Orion * MISC Endeavor Hope, Starfarer-G x3, Hull B, E, Reliant Kore (-1), Mako, Sen, Tana, Prospector, Freelancer Dur * Drake Caterpillar, Cutlass Black, Red, Herald, Dragonfly x4 * Aopoa Khartu * BIRC Merchantman, Defender x2 * Crusader Genesis Starliner * Esperia Prowler
IIITerceroIII
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Postby IIITerceroIII » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:55 am

Yeah, they're really only on Shapeways because my 3D printer doesn't do the wax/resin thing - you get higher quality minis than I can produce from Shapeways as a result. I'm hoping the model exporter gets updated after 3.0 so I can do the new, updated versions of some ships.
RS_Wraith
Squadron Communications
Squadron Communications

Postby RS_Wraith » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:39 pm

Any chance you plan on doing more than just these? I would like to get something like this for the retaliator, saber, eclipse, and 890...
"If you heard my shot, you were not my target."

Ships: Herald, Cutlass Red, F7C-M Super Hornet, Constellation Taurus, & 890 Jump
IIITerceroIII
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Postby IIITerceroIII » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:06 pm

I might do more, but it'll depend on if the model loader gets updated for 3.0 and I'm likely to do the ships I have first.

Return to “General Chat - Other Games / Off Topic”