Registration & Anti Spam-Bot Measures

Maintenance notes and updates about progressive development on the SC-Rogues.com website.
Corran Horn
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

Registration & Anti Spam-Bot Measures

Postby Corran Horn » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:31 am

Looks like Google's ReCaptcha is more or less broken. I've shifted to a direct input style of countermeasures for the forum. As of now, new registrants will have to answer three questions to successfully register for posting in the forums. They are easy and obvious questions directly related to the SC universe, and should not be a challenge for anybody who would want to post on the forums. This change has been made as a more advanced tactic to combat the ridiculous number of spammers we've seen pop into the boards, which use an automated script to populate their application and have plugins which circumvent the standard Captcha's.

If you are experiencing any problems with registration, please contact me through the official SC website on the Rogue Squadron recruitment thread and I'll make sure you get added in here. I receive automatic email updates for any activity on that forum thread on the official game site.

My apologies for any inconvenience!
Elfwyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Registration & Anti Spam-Bot Measures

Postby Elfwyn » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:30 pm

Please be aware that the Questions had to be made more restrictive as to counter spam bot activities.

I am truly sorry for resulting inconveniences.

Yours

Elfwyn - Admin

Role: Board Technical Administrator - "Got any problems? Ask me."

Current Ships (subject to change):
* Aegis Idris-M, Retaliator x2, Avenger x3, Gladius x3(-2), Redeemer x2, Vanguard x3, Sabre x3 * Anvil Hornet Super x8, Tracker x2, Gladiator x3, Carack, Crucible * Origin 890 Jump , 350R, M50 x3 * RSI Polaris, Constellation Phoenix, Orion * MISC Endeavor Hope, Starfarer-G x3, Hull B, E, Reliant Kore (-1), Mako, Sen, Tana, Prospector, Freelancer Dur * Drake Caterpillar, Cutlass Black, Red, Herald, Dragonfly x4 * Aopoa Khartu * BIRC Merchantman, Defender x2 * Crusader Genesis Starliner * Esperia Prowler
Elfwyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Registration & Anti Spam-Bot Measures

Postby Elfwyn » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:05 am

:!: IMPORTANT NOTICE :!:

Registration will from now require the Approval of an Administrator.

The Questionaire does not provide adequate protection against Spam accounts anymore.
With the next Version of the Board new Anti Spam Measures should become available which I will test then.

Until then I want to apologize again for any inconveniences that this drastic measure might cause you.

Yours

Elfwyn
Admin

Role: Board Technical Administrator - "Got any problems? Ask me."

Current Ships (subject to change):
* Aegis Idris-M, Retaliator x2, Avenger x3, Gladius x3(-2), Redeemer x2, Vanguard x3, Sabre x3 * Anvil Hornet Super x8, Tracker x2, Gladiator x3, Carack, Crucible * Origin 890 Jump , 350R, M50 x3 * RSI Polaris, Constellation Phoenix, Orion * MISC Endeavor Hope, Starfarer-G x3, Hull B, E, Reliant Kore (-1), Mako, Sen, Tana, Prospector, Freelancer Dur * Drake Caterpillar, Cutlass Black, Red, Herald, Dragonfly x4 * Aopoa Khartu * BIRC Merchantman, Defender x2 * Crusader Genesis Starliner * Esperia Prowler

Return to “Website News”