Missing??

Rogue Squadron's public grounds. Discuss any non-sensitive material within. The mess-hall is a public area where Rogue pilots may freely interact with other members of the Star Citizen universe.

Moderator: Squadron Moderator

briguy
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member
Location: Northern Va--------Assets: Hornet, Constellation, 315p, M50, Retaliator, 350r

Re: Missing??

Postby briguy » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:38 pm

Last I heard we aren't exclusive, just that Rogues has to be your primary org, IIRC

Honestly, I think we will make most of our money with trade and mining. Everything else will help but those two will be the big ones. That is why I have a Prospector and a few cargo ships (Banu Merchantman, Freelancer DUR, Starfarer-G...,etc).

Constellation: Dawn’s Shadow; F7C-M: Victory’s Bane; Sabre: Ombra Serena; Gladius: ; Cutlass Red: ; 350r: ; M50: ; Retaliator: ; Gladiator: ; Herald: ; Redeemer: ; Carrack: Ombreggiato Lembos; Khartu-al: ; Freelancer DUR: ; BMM: ; 890 Jump: ; Starfarer-G: ; Vanguard: ; Endeavor: ; Crucible: ; Reclaimer: ; Idirs-P: ;

“The unwanting soul sees what’s hidden, and the ever-wanting soul sees only what it wants.”

A piece of badass machinery!
Elfwyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Elfwyn » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:31 am

I guess the main problem is that you can't really create your own Organization and still fully join another org. Once you create your own organization you are automatically a full member there at the moment. Since Viking has his own Organization this is currently a problem.

Since I don't fully know the regulations that led to the current decission I do not know if an exception is possible in this regard.

Of course it is always a bit problematic to "dance at two weddings" (as we say in german). While a cooperation is naturally possible, with full membership, conflicts of interests or loyalty could "theoritically" be a problem.

Role: Board Technical Administrator - "Got any problems? Ask me."

Current Ships (subject to change):
* Aegis Idris-M, Retaliator x2, Avenger x3, Gladius x3(-2), Redeemer x2, Vanguard x3, Sabre x3 * Anvil Hornet Super x8, Tracker x2, Gladiator x3, Carack, Crucible * Origin 890 Jump , 350R, M50 x3 * RSI Polaris, Constellation Phoenix, Orion * MISC Endeavor Hope, Starfarer-G x3, Hull B, E, Reliant Kore (-1), Mako, Sen, Tana, Prospector, Freelancer Dur * Drake Caterpillar, Cutlass Black, Red, Herald, Dragonfly x4 * Aopoa Khartu * BIRC Merchantman, Defender x2 * Crusader Genesis Starliner * Esperia Prowler
Kamikaz1
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Postby Kamikaz1 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:10 am

Congrats on deciding on the Taurus Wraith. I had one of those myself. I only melted it when CIG hinted that the Banu Merchantman had sized up again and the Taurus was melted for the credits. Another good choice for just getting your feet wet day one in trading is the Avenger Titan. Not only is it a nice initial cargo ship but it is small enough to land on most pocket carriers for resupply missions on top of being a decent enough fighter which can also be modified to be a bounty hunter ship (Stalker) or a massive EMP bomb (Warlock) for only $50...or $45 if you buy a warbond LTI Nox and CCU it into a Avenger Titan.
|Idris-P |Comet |-REDACTED- |Hammerhead |Harbinger |-REDACTED- |Renegade |Vulcan |F7A-M Super Hornet |F8C Lightning |Mustang Delta |Hercules C2 |Hercules A2 |Cutlass Blue |Vulture |Endeavor |Freelancer MAX |Prospector |Razor EX |Star-G |125A |135C |600iE |890 Jump |Apollo Medivac |Orion |Phoenix |Emerald Phoenix |Polaris
IIITerceroIII
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Postby IIITerceroIII » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:22 am

Ah, the two org issue is getting corrected, it was a database thing more than an intentional decision, from what CIG has said. Viking should be able to be a full member when Spectrum gets better - it looks like the next release is adding more org management tools, but Turbulent kind of sucks working with databases, so it remains to be seen if they'll be able to figure this one out by then. I do know it was an agenda item for CIG, though - just not a super high priority one.
Viking
Squadron Ally
Squadron Ally

Postby Viking » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:57 am

Ok, good to hear. I'm good for now, as an ally / business partner, so there's no need for me to be a full member, I think. As Elfwyn says, it could theoretically be a conflict of interests between my org. and yours sometime in the future. It's highly hypothetical though. I feel we're aligned morally and see no dark clouds in the horizon.

Return to “Public Mess-Hall”