Concept Art Sale (not actual sale)

Rogue Squadron's public grounds. Discuss any non-sensitive material within. The mess-hall is a public area where Rogue pilots may freely interact with other members of the Star Citizen universe.

Moderator: Squadron Moderator

briguy
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member
Location: Northern Va--------Assets: Hornet, Constellation, 315p, M50, Retaliator, 350r

Re: Concept Art Sale (not actual sale)

Postby briguy » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:45 am

Wait, I thought CIG said they wouldn't put anymore concept ships on the market until the FPS is released or was it until they release something.....? I mean I'm not complaining if they do put the Endeavor on sale next week because I plan on getting one myself. I cannot imagine it being over $600 though since the manufacturer of the Endeavor is MISC and the size of the Hull-E, like someone else said, was about the same general size. Man if it does come out next week, it will be an expensive week fo me :D

Anyone plan on getting the Crucible or the Prowler? I'm probably not going to get the Prowler because I already have the Redeemer and I don't need another troop transport. The Crucible, on the other hand, looks like something I could get which would heavily depend upon how it repairs and how it looks.

If they have the Idris-P available for the anniversary sale, I might end up getting that. But, after that I think I will be done buying ships simply because I have all of my bases covered for what I want to do in the verse when I'm not on mission. Who will be done buying ships after this series?

Constellation: Dawn’s Shadow; F7C-M: Victory’s Bane; Sabre: Ombra Serena; Gladius: ; Cutlass Red: ; 350r: ; M50: ; Retaliator: ; Gladiator: ; Herald: ; Redeemer: ; Carrack: Ombreggiato Lembos; Khartu-al: ; Freelancer DUR: ; BMM: ; 890 Jump: ; Starfarer-G: ; Vanguard: ; Endeavor: ; Crucible: ; Reclaimer: ; Idirs-P: ;

“The unwanting soul sees what’s hidden, and the ever-wanting soul sees only what it wants.”

A piece of badass machinery!
Elfwyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Elfwyn » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:43 am

The Hospital Ship was the last ship I put on my "to buy" list. While a repair ship would be interesting too, I would likely need a bunch of those to get the effect I am looking for - so I would rather go back to a core planet and fix my ships up completely or let that task for others. In terms of troop transports I am allready ok with my 2 Redeemers. In afterthought an extra Troop Module for my Retaliators would have been a nice addition too. But dedicated boarding crafts are not really what I am looking for.

Since I bougth some smaller extra ships I would also have the option to get an LTI Endevour at a later time once the CCU+ is released. Although I am not really sure if they would go so far as to allow upgrading loads of LTI Auroras into Starfarers, Carracks or bigger vessels. I know many (and I) are hoping for it, but it seems unbalanced.

As said before, maybe there will be a cheaper Skelleton Endevour to buy without any modules which we could outfit in the PU at a later time. Let's see if the Hospital Modules will be ready for the Concept sale. If not it would be a lot cheaper for me (temporarily) to get the Endevour into my fleet and I could buy the Hospital Module with LTI at a later time.

Role: Board Technical Administrator - "Got any problems? Ask me."

Current Ships (subject to change):
* Aegis Idris-M, Retaliator x2, Avenger x3, Gladius x3(-2), Redeemer x2, Vanguard x3, Sabre x3 * Anvil Hornet Super x8, Tracker x2, Gladiator x3, Carack, Crucible * Origin 890 Jump , 350R, M50 x3 * RSI Polaris, Constellation Phoenix, Orion * MISC Endeavor Hope, Starfarer-G x3, Hull B, E, Reliant Kore (-1), Mako, Sen, Tana, Prospector, Freelancer Dur * Drake Caterpillar, Cutlass Black, Red, Herald, Dragonfly x4 * Aopoa Khartu * BIRC Merchantman, Defender x2 * Crusader Genesis Starliner * Esperia Prowler
Viking
Squadron Ally
Squadron Ally

Postby Viking » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:22 am

I've gathered all the preview images of the Endeavour from AtV, for easy overview. Click on the thumbnails for larger versions.

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Elfwyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Elfwyn » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:39 pm

The Images are also available in the Subscribers Vault.

* Aegis Idris-M, Retaliator x2, Avenger x3, Gladius x3(-2), Redeemer x2, Vanguard x3, Sabre x3 * Anvil Hornet Super x8, Tracker x2, Gladiator x3, Carack, Crucible * Origin 890 Jump , 350R, M50 x3 * RSI Polaris, Constellation Phoenix, Orion * MISC Endeavor Hope, Starfarer-G x3, Hull B, E, Reliant Kore (-1), Mako, Sen, Tana, Prospector, Freelancer Dur * Drake Caterpillar, Cutlass Black, Red, Herald, Dragonfly x4 * Aopoa Khartu * BIRC Merchantman, Defender x2 * Crusader Genesis Starliner * Esperia Prowler
Deliverence
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Postby Deliverence » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:26 pm

Well pricing is out for the Endeavor, it's a lot cheaper than I was expecting though not sure if I'll pick one up.
Pretty crazy the pricing when you think about it you can purchase the base endeavor for the price of the Esperia Glaive.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.c ... ion/286195
F7C-M | Scythe | Glaive | MM | Genesis | Crucible | Gemini | Prospector | Phoenix | 890 |600 | Carrack | Hammerhead | Polaris | Idris-P | Black | Razor | Kue
Elfwyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Elfwyn » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:58 am

I guess I will get a base Hope for $450 and be happy.

Viking
Squadron Ally
Squadron Ally

Postby Viking » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:01 am

When there are prices there is Hope! 8-)

I will most likely pass this one too.
briguy
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member
Location: Northern Va--------Assets: Hornet, Constellation, 315p, M50, Retaliator, 350r

Postby briguy » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:38 pm

In a forum post, Ben said that the Endeavor will go on sale this coming Tuesday. He said some things didn't look right with the pods and are spending the weekend to iron them out.

Constellation: Dawn’s Shadow; F7C-M: Victory’s Bane; Sabre: Ombra Serena; Gladius: ; Cutlass Red: ; 350r: ; M50: ; Retaliator: ; Gladiator: ; Herald: ; Redeemer: ; Carrack: Ombreggiato Lembos; Khartu-al: ; Freelancer DUR: ; BMM: ; 890 Jump: ; Starfarer-G: ; Vanguard: ; Endeavor: ; Crucible: ; Reclaimer: ; Idirs-P: ;

“The unwanting soul sees what’s hidden, and the ever-wanting soul sees only what it wants.”

A piece of badass machinery!
Archer
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member
Location: USA UTC-7 ----------- Assets: MISLancer, Sabre, Terrapin, Banu, Dragonfly

Postby Archer » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:13 am

Without seeing any of the concept art, The Endeavor is basically the ship I want. It's like they stole my fever dream from early in the dev cycle and gave it a name. A bloody dreadnought of a science vessel in MISC stylings? I need it. Too bad I can't possibly afford the fish sales these days.
Archer "Redeye" Collins : Expert Adventurer For Hire : UTC -0700
MISC Freelancer MIS Arx Aeris * Origin 350r Silentia Lunae * Aegis Sabre Aces High * Anvil Gladiator Pyroclast * Anvil Terrapin The Moving Turtle * Banu Merchantman Lucatiel's Corner Deli and Bistro * x2 Drake Dragonfly
Elfwyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Elfwyn » Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 pm

It might be that CIG is a bit short on the funding side currently. Since the Ship-Sales are what keeps the funding consistently above 2 Million a month (June and July were roughly only 1 Million each) that's the only way I could think of why the Endevour is sold at the pricepoint it is. It doesn't really compare well with the Starliner which is also a civillian classed ship, but much smaller.

Also here is a cite from Chris Interview with Polygon:
"Roberts scoffs at the notion that the company will run out of money before the final game is delivered. "It's not going to happen. We keep a pretty healthy cash reserve. We managed our expenses based on the revenue we bring in. We have our development timeline and we know what we're doing. We adjust. If I'm not bringing in $3 million or $2 million a month, we aren't going to have as many people working on it."
(http://www.polygon.com/features/2015/8/ ... ar-citizen)

I don't know if I would like this to be the cause for the sacking of some employees last week. Then at least it wouldn't have been caused by some failure on their part.

Whatever is happening behind the scenes, I hope it's not coming back to haunt CIG eventually. I'm not worrying so much about the financial side, as Chris could get dozens of millions out of potential investors if the need was severe and still dictate his terms on them in the current situation.

Some people say that SQ42 might be delayed quite a bit since some of the core features would not be ready in time for it's release. I can understand these concers, since Multicrew (Gost) and Large World is hardly even finished at this point, but since Multiplayer Drop-in was removed from SQ42 we are facing far fewer technical issues here. I guess that most major features will not premier in SQ42 Episode 1 and that it instead focuses on Fighter Combat and FPS only. I think it is pretty important that SQ42 doesn't get delayed too much (1-2 Months is ok) as the revenue of it's sales will get CIG into a comfortable position.

Sorry for the negative post, but I had to get it out of my system somehow....

Return to “Public Mess-Hall”