Concept Art Sale (not actual sale)

Rogue Squadron's public grounds. Discuss any non-sensitive material within. The mess-hall is a public area where Rogue pilots may freely interact with other members of the Star Citizen universe.

Moderator: Squadron Moderator

Vanisher
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Concept Art Sale (not actual sale)

Postby Vanisher » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:00 pm

Here we goooooooooooooo

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm ... Sale-Plans

So, it's coming guys. It. Is. Coming.
"Rogue Squadron doesn’t run. Unless we really, really have to."
Kelendir Ashendar
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Re: Concept Art Sale (not actual sale)

Postby Kelendir Ashendar » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:45 pm

My wallet cowers in fear...
"I wonder what's behind that hill..." And so began Mankind thirst to exploration.
DarkenSeyreth
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Postby DarkenSeyreth » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:05 pm

I have sworn that I will only earn the rest of ships I really want to play with, and not buy them... but my resolve is wavering already...
WITNESS ME!

Current fleet: Hornet Ghost, Aurora LN, Freelancer MIS, M50
HippiePie
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Postby HippiePie » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:14 pm

I immediately decided that I'm going to forego getting an Oculus just so I can pickup either the Orion or the Jump.
Ships (LTI): Freelancer MIS, Gladiator, Aurora LN, MISC Starfarer, Aegis Vanguard, MISC Endeavor, Kruger P-72 Archimedes, MISC Prospector, Origin 350R
Vanisher
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Postby Vanisher » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:15 pm

I'm intrigued by the Herald, want to see how it looks first though. Also considering the Carrack, but not sure yet.
HippiePie
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Postby HippiePie » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:19 pm

It seems so incredibly specific, yet unique enough that I kind of wonder what else it could be used for. Maybe it could be modified/have a variant that could plant bombs directly to the hull?
Ships (LTI): Freelancer MIS, Gladiator, Aurora LN, MISC Starfarer, Aegis Vanguard, MISC Endeavor, Kruger P-72 Archimedes, MISC Prospector, Origin 350R
Kelendir Ashendar
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Postby Kelendir Ashendar » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:23 pm

I'm really interested in the Orion, but I really want to know more about industry in the game, and see if it'll be a good cash source ( raw materials and stuff ).
And yes, the Carrack also can be interesting, depending on how exploring will work in the game and what this ship bring to this field, compared to the Aquila and Freelancer DUR.
"I wonder what's behind that hill..." And so began Mankind thirst to exploration.
Vanisher
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Postby Vanisher » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:30 pm

HippiePie wrote:It seems so incredibly specific, yet unique enough that I kind of wonder what else it could be used for. Maybe it could be modified/have a variant that could plant bombs directly to the hull?

I'll assume you mean the Herald. The way I'm looking at it is that all the electronics stuff is on class 3 mounts, some of it might be permanent or whatever. More importantly, think of it as a giant electronic warfare ship.

EDIT: And don't forget you can't transmit between systems at a fast rate, it's faster to ship data then to transmit it (if it's at all possible, can't remember what CR said).
HippiePie
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Postby HippiePie » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:41 pm

Giant? I had been thinking of the herald as a small one or two person ship with a big powerplant, engine, and armor. But yeah I was referring to the herald, sorry.
Exploration seems a little, boring to me. A necessary part of the 'verse as a whole, but it doesn't seem like as much fun as a big group cruise to get to some raw materials or to engage in a bit of battle. It's just kind of disappointing to get excited that you found somewhere new and the only thing you can do is look at the scenery before turning around and going back.
Deliverence
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Postby Deliverence » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:20 pm

Also LTI for previous ships like Scout and Gladius.. my god this game sucks my wallet dry already at over $2500 in ship sales when will this ever end and why am I such a sucker for LTI.
F7C-M | Scythe | Glaive | MM | Genesis | Crucible | Gemini | Prospector | Phoenix | 890 |600 | Carrack | Hammerhead | Polaris | Idris-P | Black | Razor | Kue

Return to “Public Mess-Hall”