Concept Art Sale (not actual sale)

Rogue Squadron's public grounds. Discuss any non-sensitive material within. The mess-hall is a public area where Rogue pilots may freely interact with other members of the Star Citizen universe.

Moderator: Squadron Moderator

Shiv-Katall
Public Speaker
Public Speaker

Re: Concept Art Sale (not actual sale)

Postby Shiv-Katall » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:40 am

The 600 Touring has caught my eye...not good lol. May scrap my stealth bomber and Cutlass for it...Ill have to pay the difference but that's ok.
Cutlass Black 'Night Caller', Dragonfly Black 'Flare', Vanguard Warden 'Starwing', Buccaneer (May replace with Hornet), Aurora LN, *REDACTED*
RS_Wraith
Squadron Communications
Squadron Communications

Postby RS_Wraith » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:23 am

Ok, Since I missed the big 600 reveal, I have got to ask of those of you who bought it. What is the draw? I love the Origin style ships and I can say that I do like the design but I just don't see the draw for a $400 ship that has comparable small cargo area and no real purpose that I can see. There are better ships for exploration, the 890 is already kind of the king of luxury with the phoenix filling the luxury "sedan" slot. I just don't see the draw.
"If you heard my shot, you were not my target."

Ships: Herald, Cutlass Red, F7C-M Super Hornet, Constellation Taurus, & 890 Jump
Deliverence
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Postby Deliverence » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:13 pm

The draw for myself was a fast good looking luxury explorer that has a good weapons load out and one that should be easy enough for a solo pilot with some NPC's to manage. Ships like the Carrack and 890 will be better than their 600 counterparts, however the 600 series should be much easier to solo with lower running costs compared to these ships. There is also talk that the 600 will be modular, so I expect to see additional modules like the Constellation series down the track too.

Update: I was just watching Teller's video this evening and it looks like CIG haven't got the scale correct, so the ship may actually end up being considerably larger. This is somewhat concerning as I had planned to use the ship to fly solo with perhaps two NPC's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYmu31eQnA8
F7C-M | Blade | Scythe | Glaive | MM | Genesis | Crucible | Gemini | Prospector | Phoenix | 890 |600 | 350 | Carrack | Polaris | Idris-P | Dragonfly | Black | Nox | Kue
Kamikaz1
Rogue Squadron Member
Rogue Squadron Member

Postby Kamikaz1 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:35 pm

@Wraith: I got one but to be honest I wasn't super impressed. It's sleek and I didn't have a dedicated explorer as I had always planned to modify my 890 Jump for that role. When the 615p came along (and that's what I'm calling it) It was pretty much what I was looking to do with the 890J but smaller and with a dedicated rover bay instead of trying to shoehorn one in the cargo elevator on the 890J Plus it was the right price. I had a Banu Merchantman that cost only $210 after CCUs and a $90 Tumbril + Ursa + Greycat package I had purchased for some insane reason despite already owning the Tumbril 5-pack with the black Dust Devil skins. Luckily this time the Warbond edition had nothing worth dropping fresh cash for so one melted vehicle pack later I have a 615p for $295 and got $5 back as store credit. $400 fresh money or $435 store credit is too much but getting it for $295 just makes it $20 more expensive than a Aquila and I already have a Phoenix and I still don't like the giant swimming pool cargo bay on anything except the Taurus which is a dedicated cargo ship. Add in that I'm not the biggest fan of the Merchantman or the Banu (dirty slavers who sell their own kids into slavery) and it wasn't hard to justify the swap.
Idris-P |Comet |-REDACTED- |Harbinger |Hoplite |Renegade |Valiant |Crucible |F7A-M Super Hornet |U4A-3 Terrapin |Wildfire |Cutlass Blue |Blade |Glaive |Prospector |Razor |Star-G |615P |890 Jump |Aurora LN |Orion |Phoenix |Polaris

Return to “Public Mess-Hall”